Droid 1 Lag

pchakmak

Reaction score
When I exit out of the internet and most apps I get a black screen for a few seconds and then my home page has to load. Very choppy. I deleted a few things using ASTRO. I am also using LauncherPro. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anything I can do here? I appreciate the help...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you considered trying a cache cleaner? There are two or three (free) in the market. If that does not help try removing the launcher, clean cache, then reinstall the launcher.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No particular reason but I chose cache cleaner. From what I've read both work equally well.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cache Cleaner for me here

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Cache Cleaner did not fix the issue.

Use ADW rather than Launcher Pro (which I was REALLY faithful to--I even bought the Plus version of LP), but install ADW and check "System Persistent" in the ADW Settings.

* ADW is as customizable as LP.

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
I searched ADW and a bunch of different themes came up. Is there a specific name for it??

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
You are correct. I just searched and wow it has become difficult to find.

I searched ADW Launcher. I then looked for a theme by the actual dev "Anderweb" and once found I opened one of them (in the market) and hit "view more applications" (shows all apps by the dev). And it was like fourth down called ADW.Launchr.

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
SO I uninstalled LP and using the regular stock launcher. I'm still lagging. Still Takes a few secs to load apps. I cleared cache and still the same thing. Even if I go with another launcher, I'll prolly still lag right? Anything else I can do?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you rooted or stock?? if stock, in LP preferences, go into advanced settings, memory usage settings, memory usage preset, and check light or low.

if rooted, use this toggle from samsonite801:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When I exit out of the internet and most apps I get a black screen for a few seconds and then my home page has to load. Very choppy. I deleted a few things using ASTRO. I am also using LauncherPro. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Anything I can do here? I appreciate the help...

Im getting the same thing happening and its driving me crazy. I have tried all the launchers out there and even changed ROMs, UD, MIUI and still have the same problem. I dont like to do it but I cranked up my cpu settings and just watch my temperature and it helps.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Mine's been this way since the last OTA update. I've even tried a factory reset to no avail.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
are you rooted or stock?? if stock, in LP preferences, go into advanced settings, memory usage settings, memory usage preset, and check light or low.

if rooted, use this toggle from samsonite801:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.
Im going to give this a shot. if anyone is wondering I think there is a space before and after the ">>".

OP
P

pchakmak

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Cache Cleaner did not fix the issue.

Use ADW rather than Launcher Pro (which I was REALLY faithful to--I even bought the Plus version of LP), but install ADW and check "System Persistent" in the ADW Settings.

* ADW is as customizable as LP.

Wow. I think we have a winner!!! Thanks a million!! Just a quick explanation of "System Persistent". It says "dangerous". Prolly a noob question but I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!