Droid 1 720P Camcorder FC

coachgreg1

Reaction score
First Id like to say this is an awesome ROM. Second, I have a Camcorder qustion? When I put my Camcorder quality function to 720P it FC and I have to do a restore because I can't fix the problem.

Jmart922

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the droids camera lens is capable of producing 720p video, although the Droid 2 could be, whether it uses the same camera I'm not sure cause I was also wondering about this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
First Id like to say this is an awesome ROM. Second, I have a Camcorder qustion? When I put my Camcorder quality function to 720P it FC and I have to do a restore because I can't fix the problem.

Droid can't do 720p. The option for 720p shouldn't be there, when it tries to initialize the sensor for 720p, it figures out it can't, and voila force close heaven!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
all you have to do is force stop and clear data on the camera...it will default back to high quality. That will stop your fc.

no need to restore.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the droids camera lens is capable of producing 720p video, although the Droid 2 could be, whether it uses the same camera I'm not sure cause I was also wondering about this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

It should be CAPABLE, as it is a 5MP sensor. Even the iPod Touch 4G can do 720p video, and that camera is < 1MP. I'm also pretty sure the camera module in the Droid 2 is the same as the one in the Droid 1.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Droid can't do 720p. The option for 720p shouldn't be there, when it tries to initialize the sensor for 720p, it figures out it can't, and voila force close heaven!

Someone needs to figure out WHY the Droid can't initialize the sensor for 720p, though; as hardware-wise it is more than capable.