- Camera pics blurry
- Apps randomly uninstalling
- Facebook randomly unsyncing
- Vibrate function stopped working
- Gmail notifications stopped
- Facebook notifications stopped
- Landscape mode will only show 3 of 5 docks
- Cannot see text entries in browser
- App installation says unsuccessful due to insufficient memory when there is 2/3 left of space...

I know i'm missing a couple... but that's all I can think of right now...

Dolfan

Reaction score
I did a flash of 3.0, but my Gmail, and acouple other apps would forceclose , so went back to 2.5, Id really like to run 3.0 or 3.0.1 but wonder how I get everything to get along with each other..lol

Bob

Reaction score
-Facebook not syncing is a known issue with GB roms.
-Facebook notifications have always been "funky"
-Move apps to your sd card it helps.
-If an app says the installation is unsuccessful, redo it that fixes the problem for me. For that I mean for apps being updated from the market.
-Never heard of apps randomly uninstalling.
-As far as the camera being blurry, I rarely use my phone camera so I don't know about that.

The solution:
Reflash the rom, wipe data/cache, the usual stuff. That should fix a lot of those issues.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On a side note, when you flash a ROM from recovery like clockwork, wipe cache, then data and do it 3-5 times.. just to be safe.. then hit advanced and format system and data... then you can even wipe dalvik cache... then flash the rom... some issues are just gonna happen until a "fix" update is released but some issues are from even a little bit of system data from the 1st ROM transferring over to the new one... wiping a few times usually resolves these kinds of issues.. I've been on 3.0.1 since the minute it was released and I have no issues like these besides the known ones....

Rodeojones

Reaction score
On a side note, when you flash a ROM from recovery like clockwork, wipe cache, then data and do it 3-5 times.. just to be safe.. then hit advanced and format system and data... then you can even wipe dalvik cache... then flash the rom... some issues are just gonna happen until a "fix" update is released but some issues are from even a little bit of system data from the 1st ROM transferring over to the new one... wiping a few times usually resolves these kinds of issues.. I've been on 3.0.1 since the minute it was released and I have no issues like these besides the known ones....

I completely agree. Most of the bugs people are reporting are most likely because the user didn't wipe properly. I do exactly what you described: I go into recovery and wipe data/factory reset, in partitions menu I format system and boot, and in advanced I clear dalvik cache. And I do all of these things 3 times. I have bugs, but nothing major. For me, this ROM is more than usable - it's a fantastic choice as my daily driver.

Oh, and I just took three pictures - one focusing on something up close, one focusing on something about 7 feet away, and one focusing on something about 15 feet away. Each one came out crystal clear (or as crystal clear a picture as possible with our phones).

krouget

Reaction score

I completely agree. Most of the bugs people are reporting are most likely because the user didn't wipe properly. I do exactly what you described: I go into recovery and wipe data/factory reset, in partitions menu I format system and boot, and in advanced I clear dalvik cache. And I do all of these things 3 times. I have bugs, but nothing major. For me, this ROM is more than usable - it's a fantastic choice as my daily driver.

Oh, and I just took three pictures - one focusing on something up close, one focusing on something about 7 feet away, and one focusing on something about 15 feet away. Each one came out crystal clear (or as crystal clear a picture as possible with our phones).
Agreed. I've more recently started to do this when changing ROMs, and it's made a dramatic difference in how smoothly the ROM performed.

As stated, I still have bugs, but they're usually of the "known" kind.

OSX2000

Reaction score
I quickly tried out UD 3.0.1 last night, installed it over UD 2.4.0 without wiping, and it was damn near flawless. Even the camcorder worked perfectly, zoom and all. The ONLY real problem I had was with ADW's homescreen transitions; any of the fancy ones were slow as molasses, but the default one was smooth as butter.

Just goes to show that every phone is different, I guess.

Today I plan on reinstalling it, this time with wipes all around, to see what works differently, if anything.

EDIT: One thing I noticed last night, sometimes the 3G and signal strength icons in the notification bar were green, and sometimes they were white (with the inactive portions gray in either case)...what's up with that?

RhaineOfFire

Reaction score
Not sure exactly whats causing this bug, but... I was using the browser to search for a store and my droid 1 rebooted out of the blue. Upon the boot-up, I can no longer access the phone activity process. It shows a black screen for a while, then tells me its unresponsive. FC'in it gives me the same result, as well as choosing the wait option. I even performed another reboot but to no avail. Im stumped here...

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I quickly tried out UD 3.0.1 last night, installed it over UD 2.4.0 without wiping, and it was damn near flawless. Even the camcorder worked perfectly, zoom and all. The ONLY real problem I had was with ADW's homescreen transitions; any of the fancy ones were slow as molasses, but the default one was smooth as butter.

Just goes to show that every phone is different, I guess.

Today I plan on reinstalling it, this time with wipes all around, to see what works differently, if anything.

EDIT: One thing I noticed last night, sometimes the 3G and signal strength icons in the notification bar were green, and sometimes they were white (with the inactive portions gray in either case)...what's up with that?

That's pretty nice that you had no issues going from a Froyo Rom to a GB one but more power to ya on that.. lol. I recommend wiping for all rom installs cause it only takes a little bit to cause major issues.. but if it worked, cool... and as far as the 3g stuff, there are new icons in the SystemUI.apk so it fluctuates back and forth between icons of gray and green sometimes.. not a flaw...

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Physical keyboard issue. When I use my physical keyboard it seems to have shortcuts locked. Like if I type the word "I'm" as soon as I press the "M" it switches to messaging. Its VERY annoying. Going back to 2.5.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Reflashed, wiped 10 times each.

Bugs so far:
- No Gmail notifications
- Camera quality is bad/blurry
- Launching camera with camera button has erratic vibration stutter and launches camera multiple times causing crash.
- Locking has no sound
- Vibrate function does not work

Last edited:

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Bugs so far:
- No Gmail notifications
- Launching camera with camera button has erratic vibration stutter and launches camera multiple times causing crash.
- Locking has no sound

Turn on Gmail sync.. mine works fine
Wipe the shutter lense maybe cause mine is fine on the pic
Just tested my camera 5 diff times with button - works fine
My lock has sound
Vibrates every time it's supposed to
I only have 3 docks anyway..

No offense but these issues you're referring to aren't the ROM's fault.. it might not agree with your phone for whatever reason, but it's not the ROM.. other wise we'd all have the same issues.. and the person that didn't even wipe from UD2.4 to 3.0.1 doesn't even have issues like this.. so my recommendation is to start clean.. delete the ROM, redownload it, wipe data and cache 5 times, then partitions menu and format system and format data, then advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache.. then flash the rom... if that doesn't fix it, then bummer... cause I gotta say, this is prob the smoothest ROM to date.. IMO of course... ;)

Last edited:
OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score

Bugs so far:
- No Gmail notifications
- Locking has no sound

Turn on Gmail sync.. mine works fine
Wipe the shutter lense maybe cause mine is fine on the pic
Just tested my camera 5 diff times with button - works fine
My lock has sound
Vibrates every time it's supposed to
I only have 3 docks anyway..

No offense but these issues you're referring to aren't the ROM's fault.. it might not agree with your phone for whatever reason, but it's not the ROM.. other wise we'd all have the same issues.. and the person that didn't even wipe from UD2.4 to 3.0.1 doesn't even have issues like this.. so my recommendation is to start clean.. delete the ROM, redownload it, wipe data and cache 5 times, then partitions menu and format system and formart data, then advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache.. then flash the rom... if that doesn't fix it, then bummer... cause I gotta say, this is prob the smoothest ROM to date.. IMO of course... :)

- Did everything with Gmail to try and fix it, nothing.
- Camera works perfect on UD 2.5 for me.
- My locking had sound before the flash...

Does SPRecovery have those options, or is it Clockwork only?

Because UD 2.5 is still flawless on my end. Just tried it before the reflash. I wiped data/cache 10 times each...

Last edited:

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I haven't used SP in quite a while so I can't answer that.. I don't see why it wouldn't though... and 2.5 is another great ROM, but I hope ya figure out the issues with gb anyway...

Edit: you should try a theme and see if it helps.. even though all the apk's are from the UD rom, they come from our downloads and mine is running great... it's worth a shot at least..

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't see those options in my SPR... I can just install clockwork from the market right and it'll replace SPR fine and everything right?