Droid 1 3.0.1 bugs.

schmaltzy

Reaction score
The original dl of 3.0.1 had an issue with the bootanimation bootlooping on a reboot. Change the BA or redownload the full rom from sticky and that should be fixed....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I could be entirely wrong here, but I think most people confused a super extensively long boot time as a boot loop. When I flashed 3.0.1, it took a LONG time to finally boot up, but it wasn't a boot loop. I'm talking somewhere around 10 mins to boot up. I confirmed this again by turning off my D1 and booting it up again. Sure enough, I had to wait a long time for it to boot up again, but it finally did.

For those having this "boot loop" issue, try giving your phone 10-15 minutes to boot up. I think the default UD boot animation just takes a while for the phone to boot up, because after mine finally booted up, I changed the boot animation to the droid eye or whatever and now I'm getting a normal boot up time.

Play a jam!

How's 30 minutes sound for a wait time? Cause that't what I waited before I finally pulled the battery and got back into my recovery. And it's not when I just booted up, it would be when my phone has been up and running, I go to unlock it if I get a text or need to make a call and it shut off and show the "UD" boot screen. So I'd give it time. Usually after a couple minutes it would come back up, but then the one time it never did, even after 25-30 minutes. I pulled the battery to restart it normally and it sat at the boot screen for another 20 minutes. Then I flashed back to 3.0.0.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's not normal.... mine boots in seconds just like any Froyo ROM.... it seems to be the case of some ROMS just don't play nice with some phones.... I can't run PE w/o minor issues but for others its perfect.... just the roll of the dice I guess.....

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I agree with bboy, that's not normal. 30 mins for a wait time sounds like a long time. Does that answer your question?

There's clearly an issue here with most phones and booting up UD 3.0.1, it just seems that bboy and I don't share your issue. I was simply stating what I, personally, did to get it to run great on my phone. I thought it might help some users.

Play a jam!

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I agree with bboy, that's not normal. 30 mins for a wait time sounds like a long time. Does that answer your question?

There's clearly an issue here with most phones and booting up UD 3.0.1, it just seems that bboy and I don't share your issue. I was simply stating what I, personally, did to get it to run great on my phone. I thought it might help some users.

Play a jam!

I appreciate the help, I really do, it's just frustrating to come from 2.5 that never had this problem.

You guys don't think it would be anything with Gingerbread, do you? the reason I ask is because yesterday afternoon I loaded a CM7 build onto my phone to see if that would fix the problem. Ran fine all yesterday but then today I have had it do one of the "soft boots" twice. I haven't been stuck at the boot screen at all, in fact, it loads back up real quick. But I don't know what's going on. I don't think it's the kernel cause I've tried 3 different ones. One of the kernels was said to be GB specific.

I'm not the kind of guy that thinks it the ROM's, not my phone, but since I never had this problem until a GB theme.....I dunno I guess.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I understand your frustrations. I've been there before. Just trying to help is all...

I don't know if this is a GB issue or not, it very well could be. But what my understanding is, is that its the new boot animation in 3.0.1 is what's throwing users' boot ups all crazy. Did you say that 3.0 does work for you? Or that one doesn't either?

Play a jam!

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I understand your frustrations. I've been there before. Just trying to help is all...

I don't know if this is a GB issue or not, it very well could be. But what my understanding is, is that its the new boot animation in 3.0.1 is what's throwing users' boot ups all crazy. Did you say that 3.0 does work for you? Or that one doesn't either?

Play a jam!

Yes, 3.0 dose work, I just get a random soft boot a couple times a day.

3.0.1. worked also, but when I would get the soft boots it would just continue flashing the UD logo boot screen.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gb roms are very full.... when I loaded 3.0 up last week my phone wouldn't even install 3 apps cause I had no more system memory.... uninstall system apps like facebook and twitter and get them from the market. Also, you remove languages besides the one ya use and that frees up a lot of room too.... what I think happens is the system gets borderline low on its partitions memory that it won't warn you cause its still above 20mb but it'll start freaking out since its not enough.... make sense?... lol... plus the kernal and its speed is big... from experience I keep mine @ 800max/400-450min... underclocking it to 125-250 can cause boot issues as well....

aaronmcc11

Reaction score
Ok so far the only new issues i have w 3.0.1..
Notifications will stop music when headphones are plugged in no matter what settings I choose in UD sound or new music ducking settings.

Disable ads no longer works.. neither does the AdFree app... weird.

Issues w 3.0.0 and 3.0.1
Notification sounds play through speaker AND headphones although that setting isn't checked.

SETCPU will sit at intermediate slots eg 550, 800, when the min Max is set at 250/1000.. even with profiles disabled completely and across multiple kernels.

Clockwork often says SD isn't mounted and freeze/reboots. (This could just be CW or my SD, not UD, but it NEVER happened before UD 3).

Superdawg

Reaction score
Physical keyboard issue. When I use my physical keyboard it seems to have shortcuts locked. Like if I type the word "I'm" as soon as I press the "M" it switches to messaging. Its VERY annoying. Going back to 2.5.
I've also got this issue. I've been running on 3.0.1 for a bit now just using the on-screen keyboard, but it would be nice to have the physical one working for certain circumstances.

NicKsDroidx

Reaction score
Why do i get the troubled phones....?

Could use some serious help! my droidx gets real slow freezes up all the time im steadily takin the battery out runnin task killer restartin my phone etc..... anybody please send me a msg of how to fix and for some stupid reason when i go into my recent calls list and click a name that i want to call alot of the time its calls somebody i talked to earlier in the day????? HELP im do an ungrade but dont want to have to use it my X isnt even a yr old and i love my phone but if it keeps happenin its gotta go