Facebook App Won't Install

kt89

Reaction score
Hi, I have an HTC Desire android phone and this morning I was updating my current facebook app as I noticed there was a new update. I downloaded it and it installed fine but then I got a notification that I was low on internal storage because the new android facebook app was so large. I decided to uninstall the facebook update but instead it uninstalled the facebook app that came with the phone (I'm not even sure how many generations ago...)

I've tried to update to the new facebook app - it has downloaded every time but when it's time to install I get a different error message either saying I have "insufficient space" (which I have over 80 MB of internal storage) or it simply says "installation unsuccessful". I've cleared the cache/data for the facebook app and rebooted my phone with no luck. At this point I can't even sign into my current facebook app (the really old version) so facebook doesn't work on my phone at all.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? Do I need to reset my phone and start with a clean slate?