driod razr getting hot!!!!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes 4.0.4 is ics. How it does it is it has all of your apps on record via your gmail. As soon as your phone is done with the fdr.. the play store will attempt to push your apps back out to yo.

Sometimes I've noticed that it will push things like your gmail and maps and then will hang.

If it does this, go into apps, all, Google play, clear data, force close. Reboot and hope up the play store app again. Agree to the terms, and it will usually start pushing out the apps again.

Xhostel

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the help. my phone is working now everything is cool. but i noticed if my service is turned off, my phone goes back to what it was doing, is there a reason for this?

jaybogg

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the help. my phone is working now everything is cool. but i noticed if my service is turned off, my phone goes back to what it was doing, is there a reason for this?

When you say your service is turned off, are you referring to you have no signal from your service provider (or any provider/roaming), or are you speaking of turning the radios off like "airplane mode" does, or something totally different from these two examples. If you are referring to the first one, where you are in an area where you have no cell phone service at all, yes, it will drain your battery in about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. I believe this is because the radios jack up their power to max, trying to establish a connection for you. I have a friend who lives in a no service area, and I also have a couple deer blinds that are in no service areas. If I forget to put my phone in airplane mode before going to visit my friend or hunt the other 2 locations I mentioned, my phone gets hot and dies very quickly. When I remember to place it in airplane mode, it stays cool, keeps a charge, and every thing is fine when I turn airplane mode back off when I leave the "no service" areas. Sorry if this is totally off base and not what you are experiencing, if it is similar to your problems, hope it helps.

jaye712

Reaction score
jaybogg said:
When you say your service is turned off, are you referring to you have no signal from your service provider (or any provider/roaming), or are you speaking of turning the radios off like "airplane mode" does, or something totally different from these two examples. If you are referring to the first one, where you are in an area where you have no cell phone service at all, yes, it will drain your battery in about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. I believe this is because the radios jack up their power to max, trying to establish a connection for you. I have a friend who lives in a no service area, and I also have a couple deer blinds that are in no service areas. If I forget to put my phone in airplane mode before going to visit my friend or hunt the other 2 locations I mentioned, my phone gets hot and dies very quickly. When I remember to place it in airplane mode, it stays cool, keeps a charge, and every thing is fine when I turn airplane mode back off when I leave the "no service" areas. Sorry if this is totally off base and not what you are experiencing, if it is similar to your problems, hope it helps.

This is some good information. I been havin the same problem..my area has service but yet it doesn't(takin a guess)..i haven't hit up verizon yet but imma try for them to come out n fix it..kinna answers why my battery dies out so quick n hw randomly hot it is..could be many reasons why lol..yuy yuy yuy

RAZR215unrooted

Xhostel

Reaction score

what i mean is like verizon turned off my service cause of bills...lol

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Same answer. If your phone is searching for service and trying to connect but is unable, it will suck the battery dry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Xhostel

Reaction score
Same answer. If your phone is searching for service and trying to connect but is unable, it will suck the battery dry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
and also will make it so the phone is laggy?