driod razr getting hot!!!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So i got my RAZR in April, its worked fine till last night. The battery drained from 70 percent to dead in about 30 minutes. The screen got hot so let cool down and charged it while it was off. Woke up this morning turned my phone on , went to my advanced task killer and turned everything off. Turned the screen off came back and the phone would not turn on at all. After a half hour of the screen black but the button display on the bottom of the phone is lit up the whole time, the phone reboots and loads but you cant unlock it at all. Battery dies after an hour or so and phones hot enough to feel it through my phone cover. Anyone else have this problem?

Haven't heard back from you. We're wondering where you are in the repair process. Please let us know so we can help you!

Xhostel

Reaction score
Alright so its still doing the same problem :/ just doesn't happen as fast as before. How do I go about doing the FDR?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There are two ways. One is through the securities setting and the other is from the recovery menu. I would suggest before you do that you back up all personal data, download and install https://play.google.com/store/apps/...hu.CallLogBackupRestore&feature=search_result, run it and backup your call logs to your sdcard-ext (you change the destination in settings), and also https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=search_result, follow the same instructions to preserve your SMS messages. Then https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.moparisthebest.appbak&feature=search_result or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.android_telefonie.appmanager&feature=search_result (better), and backup all your user-installed apps.

Then make sure you've copied all your photos and videos from the internal SD card to the removable one.

Once ready, we'll get you going.

Xhostel

Reaction score
There are two ways. One is through the securities setting and the other is from the recovery menu. I would suggest before you do that you back up all personal data, download and install https://play.google.com/store/apps/...hu.CallLogBackupRestore&feature=search_result, run it and backup your call logs to your sdcard-ext (you change the destination in settings), and also https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=search_result, follow the same instructions to preserve your SMS messages. Then https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.moparisthebest.appbak&feature=search_result or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.android_telefonie.appmanager&feature=search_result (better), and backup all your user-installed apps.

Then make sure you've copied all your photos and videos from the internal SD card to the removable one.

Once ready, we'll get you going.
thanks for all of that information I did everything that i was supposed to do backingup wise, and my next step would be?

again thank you for all your help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Menu, Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset. If you are absolutely sure you have everything backed up properly and there is nothing backed up to the internal SD card, you could scroll down and check the box to "Erase internal storage", but i would say leave it UN-checked. Then press the button to "Reset phone" and follow prompts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Xhostel

Reaction score
Menu, Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset. If you are absolutely sure you have everything backed up properly and there is nothing backed up to the internal SD card, you could scroll down and check the box to "Erase internal storage", but i would say leave it UN-checked. Then press the button to "Reset phone" and follow prompts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
alright i reset it. how do i get all my stuff that i backed up? lol

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
First go into play store and install the apps you used for backup. Then you can open those apps to restore what you backed up. I always start with the SMS Backup & Restore, then the call logs.

Once your texts and call logs are restored, you can go to play store, my apps, slide the screen to your left and listed are all the apps you have ever installed. You can either install your apps from there or install them through the backup program you used .

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Xhostel

Reaction score
First go into play store and install the apps you used for backup. Then you can open those apps to restore what you backed up. I always start with the SMS Backup & Restore, then the call logs.

Once your texts and call logs are restored, you can go to play store, my apps, slide the screen to your left and listed are all the apps you have ever installed. You can either install your apps from there or install them through the backup program you used .

So my phone is still doing the same thing even after the FDR, ugh this is getting really annoying :/
my phone is dead isn't it?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hopefully it is not dead but, if you haven't already, make sure you put it on LTE/CDMA instead of global and do a meter training so you can make sure your battery meter accurate (100% when it is truly 100%, 10% when it is 10%, etc). Turn your phone off and charge to 100%. Use it without charging until it hits the low battery warning-10%, turn off and charge to 100% again, then use and charge as you normally would. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Xhostel

Reaction score
Hopefully it is not dead but, if you haven't already, make sure you put it on LTE/CDMA instead of global and do a meter training so you can make sure your battery meter accurate (100% when it is truly 100%, 10% when it is 10%, etc). Turn your phone off and charge to 100%. Use it without charging until it hits the low battery warning-10%, turn off and charge to 100% again, then use and charge as you normally would. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Alright thanks for all the help im going to be charging it right now. cause as of now once I charge it completly and i take it off the charger the phone dies with an hour or 2 without using it. i just let it sit there and watch it die :( so im hoping that this works
Again thank you for all your guy's and gals help :) much appreciated

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Make sure it is turned off when you charge it and check how much it is charged by pressing the volume button.

Xhostel

Reaction score
Make sure it is turned off when you charge it and check how much it is charged by pressing the volume button.

So i did that but my phone was still messing up. But my phones service was off during the time of the phone messing up but now since my service has been turned back on it seems to be running fine, have you ever heard of no service to a phone doing that?

Xhostel

Reaction score
also when i am trying to recover all of my apps do i gotta do it one by one?\

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
also when i am trying to recover all of my apps do i gotta do it one by one?\

If you're on ics, the play store will do it for you.. or at least most of it.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
If you're on ics, the play store will do it for you.. or at least most of it.

How does the play store give you back all of your apps? Not that I want them all back on this phone, but it would have been nice to not to do them one by one as I'm doing now. I'm android version 4.0.4, is this ice cream sandwich?