Downloads Won't Complete

Cobraboy1997

Reaction score
My Droid running V2.2 was working fine till last week. For some reason, it now will not complete downloading all my updated apps.

I have tried killing all tasks, making sure I have available storage space and pulling the battery and restarting it.

No other issues with the phone, but wonder how to fix this so the downloads complete.

Appreciate the help.

Jmart922

Reaction score
I have noticed this as well, when downloading an app, it tends to lock up at the end of being 100% done, there is not installing message on the notification bar, so I have to cancel, re-download, and eventually the installing phrase will appear, apps do download, but it's happening quite often, currently running CM6, stock theme, noticed this happening after using Miui rom, not sure if this is why, haven't narrowed it down yet

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

shadowx582

Reaction score
I had the same problem. What I had to do was back up my sdcard on my computer and then format it. And then it worked.

This was after I tried multiple roms, and reverted through the 2 available sbfs... not sure why formating the sdcard needed to be done.. think it had something to do with titanium backups or something but I still had like 10gigs free on the sd card. But hey, hope that helps

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try just going to settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/Market/ and clean cache and data. That should fix it for you.

OP
Cobraboy1997

Cobraboy1997

Reaction score
Wow! Works like a new one. I appreciate the help and will remember clearing the market out.

Thanks for the response.

garyhunsberger

Reaction score
Thanks for the fix. I had the same problem after downloading several books using Aidiko. The download notification didn't go away after about 20 hours. Your help fixed it in 2 minutes.
:)

dcook12

Reaction score
This is a little different but still on topic. I have noticed that if I have several updates and I click update all, there are either one or two that this happens with. The only way I could get out of it was to turn off the phone and restart. Now if I just download one update at a time, I haven't had a problem....Just wondering if this happens when you choose load all updates as opposed to downloading one at a time...

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Titanium Backup

worked for me. Titanium Backup was in continuous download & would not install. hooks suggestion fixed it.