downloading apps problems

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
okay, so ever since i tried a ROM earlier, ive had this problem when i went back to 2.1 using nandroid. when i go to update an app, it just says starting download and never changes, its really frustrating especially since the app is launcherpro >_<
example:
drftkz.jpg

what am i suppose to do to fix it?

lilhill

Reaction score
I have this issue periodically too. I thought it had to do with my current ROM, but now I think the problem is on the actual market's end. Eventually the apps will download whether you just let it sit on "starting download..." or if you cancel the download and retry it minutes/hours/days later...

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

OP
akstyle450

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
Well it must be something acting up with this right now because i still cannot download anything. I went to 2.2 earlier and it worked just fine. But i like my 2.1 for right now

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
akstyle450

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
okay this is really pissing me off. i havent been able to do anything for a week or two now. does nobody really have a solution for this?

furbymac

Reaction score
okay this is really pissing me off. i havent been able to do anything for a week or two now. does nobody really have a solution for this?
go to settings/manage apps/market/then clear the data and cache

OP
akstyle450

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
theres only a cache option.
and that doesnt even do anything but make loading things faster

furbymac

Reaction score
theres only a cache option.
and that doesnt even do anything but make loading things faster
i don't know how it works but i was having the same problem when i loaded up bbv.04 with blue electric theme and i did that and it worked

furbymac

Reaction score
could be.....have you cleared your cache yet and tried again??

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
I've had this issue myself for the last....week. I've tried clearing the cache for the Market, I've tried the "uninstall update" button for the Market, stopping the download and starting it again, toggling WiFi on and back off, toggling airplane mode on and off, turning the phone off and on, pulling the battery..... nothing has worked.

Rooted Moto Droid running 2.1. I really don't want to do a factory reset, as I haven't run a backup in a while :\

Edit: Something I just noticed.... when attempting to download a new application, the download icon doesn't appear at the top, nor does the screen flip to the Downloads screen.

Also, 12 gig free on SDCard, 122 MB free on phone storage.

OP
akstyle450

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
we'll probably have to wait till the OTA for froyo will come and hopefully that will fix it :\ i have like 20+ updates waiting and it annoys me >_<