OP
akstyle450

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
2.1 rooted with a p3 kernel, would you think reverting from a 2.2 rom would have any effect on this?

Hyde895

Reaction score
its strange I cant update LauncherPro which is annoying atm because it says its expired and its making my phone do strange things and I cant update Maps either. im going to wait for bb v.05

schluger

Reaction score
Well don't reset nothing changes and you can't set your phone up again. Tried logging in/out of chat, reset taking battery out while phone on, reboot pressing x while turning on then holding camera button while pressing up button, clearing data and cache, waiting............and factory reset and nothing. Called my carrier, talked to Motorola and of course no Google support, even went as far as calling the Seattle office to lodge a complaint (a lot of good that did me)........and sent complaint to Google. also talked to seller who I purchased a bunch of stuff from and nothing. Verizon says, nothing official mind you, that the froyo 2.2 update is supposed to be some time in August but they are so slow to roll stuff out that could be a farce and it could be another couple of months..........not rooted Droid so I'm now stuck not being able to put anything back on my phone. Have back up applications but should have backed up online as these apps have the ability to do so. Does me no good to have things backed up on SD.

schluger

Reaction score
droid market and no fixed

Well don't reset nothing changes and you can't set your phone up again. Tried logging in/out of chat, reset taking battery out while phone on, reboot pressing x while turning on then holding camera button while pressing up button, clearing data and cache, waiting............and factory reset and nothing. Called my carrier, talked to Motorola and of course no Google support, even went as far as calling the Seattle office to lodge a complaint (a lot of good that did me)........and sent complaint to Google. also talked to seller who I purchased a bunch of stuff from and nothing. Verizon says, nothing official mind you, that the froyo 2.2 update is supposed to be some time in August but they are so slow to roll stuff out that could be a farce and it could be another couple of months..........not rooted Droid so I'm now stuck not being able to put anything back on my phone. Have back up applications but should have backed up online as these apps have the ability to do so. Does me no good to have things backed up on SD.

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
Slight mistake on my part, what I thought happened, didn't.
Still...any ideas on fixing this out there?

Last edited:

WhiteWolf

Reaction score
I found something that MIGHT help, but I'm having some issues actually executing it.... I read on another forum that to fix this you need to go into Recovery Console, and run fix_permissions as SU.

My problem is.... I'm using SPRecovery for my bootloader, which doesn't have a Console option as far as I can tell. AND using Terminal Emulator, fix_permissions keeps coming up as not found. I have busybox as installed by Titanium Backup, and busybox exists in /data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup AND in /system/bin and /system/xbin

I can't download ROM Manager or anything, really, so..... can anyone think how I can get this "fix_permissions" thing with my phone in it's current state?