download folder on sd card full

dandroidrome

Reaction score
I was looking around on my sd card and found a bunch of files that I don't know if I need. they are all named download###.apk are these leftover from updates? can I delete them, they look to be a big waste of space. Thanks

zman2904

Reaction score
I have the same question..They are taking up a lot of space, does anyone out there know if these can be deleated?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The download folder on your SD is where anything that gets downloaded from your phone's browser is stored and .apk is the extension for Android applications, these serve no purpose in the download folder unless you are saving them, I delete my whole download folder all the time and when you download something new via the browser, the system will make another download folder for you

tameone

Reaction score
I believe download###.apk files in your /download directory are left over from unsuccessful app installs from the market. You can safely delete these.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are unsure then mount your phone to your computer and make a copy of your SD card then delete the files. If you need them remount and copy back to your SD card.

Mike

gdgtgrl

Reaction score
Hi All!

I have a question along this same line if someone would be so kind.....

Is it "safe" to go into your phone and condolidate like folders, and then delete the empty ones? For example: I have three separate folders of wallpapers (different apps) would it be disastrous if I created 1 general wallpaper folder and got rid of the other 2?

Also, could someone give me an idea of which folders I should absolutely stay away from??

Thank you! :)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Well you technically don't need the SD card at all to operate the phone, some applications use it though. Nothing disastrous will happen if you wipe it though or move things around. I have used 3 different SD cards throughout the life of my phone, each I started with a clean slate (formatted the card). The apps will just make their folders again and go on as usual.

Whatever apps you were using that gave you those wallpaper folders will re-make them again if you run them again. So you may be kinda fighting a losing battle if you plan on running those apps more. But your phone won't explode if you do decide to tidy up.