download any file through browser?

jpayne97

Reaction score
Think the browser could be modified so it can download any file type? Or is there an app to allow this? I can't seem to find one. The ones i did find, one wasn't in the market anymore and the other is astro, which i don't use.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I usually use Dolphin HD, but the king of accomplishing odd things is Opera Mini. It will handle downloads through redirects, it will handle uploads, and it's fast as heck.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stick with dolphin too but will def try opera if I run into issued... skyfire is great with vids

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the app is called download cluth lite i think its called

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be careful about installing random apps off the internet. Don't do it if they ask for sensitive permissions.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Be careful about installing random apps off the internet. Don't do it if they ask for sensitive permissions.

I have this app we included it with every team chaos rom ill up load a clean version if this spent work out

Sent from my Droid

kevdog

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed that app from the link above and it didn't seem to do anything. What am I missing?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I downloaded and installed that app from the link above and it didn't seem to do anything. What am I missing?
The app itself does nothing actively. I use it still to this day (kept it from Team Chaos days)
It just allows the downloading of any extension file either through email or your browser.

Like if I send you a link to a Photoshop file on my server, the extension would be: file_i_sent_to_you.psd

Normally if you click on the link, the phone wouldn't recognize it.
With this app, it will recognize it and allow you to download it. You may or may not be able to actually open the file on your phone, but it will at least let you download it to your SD card for future use.

And to the other post, this file is safe. Well, the app is safe. I can't confirm whether or not the link provided is a completely safe link. But the app itself is legit.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
And to the other post, this file is safe. Well, the app is safe. I can't confirm whether or not the link provided is a completely safe link. But the app itself is legit.

Thanks, I hear you. I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just fascinated that people are asking for apks, downloading apks from random sources on the internet. What is that? Any coder with even a tiny bit of experience could very easily steal someone's password/information this way. That checkbox to not allow 3rd party APKs is there for a reason. TRUST YOUR SOURCE!