Double tapping the home button brings up Text messaging app after Verizon OTA upgrade

New Daddy

Reaction score
This is really weird. After the recent OTA upgrade to 4.1.2, my Verizon Droid 4 takes me to the text messaging app whenever I tap the home button twice. (I usually don't have to tap the home button twice, but sometimes when one tap doesn't take me to the home screen, I naturally tend to tap it again. Only to be taken to the text messaging app.)

Anybody with similar experience?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Have you checked with Verizon to see if the double tap is a new feature?

Scottayyy

Reaction score
Mine did this too after the update. Just go to Settings>Accessibility>Double tap home launch and set it to "none".

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is really weird. After the recent OTA upgrade to 4.1.2, my Verizon Droid 4 takes me to the text messaging app whenever I tap the home button twice. (I usually don't have to tap the home button twice, but sometimes when one tap doesn't take me to the home screen, I naturally tend to tap it again. Only to be taken to the text messaging app.)

Anybody with similar experience?
It's an option available in Settings > Accessibilty > Double Tap Home Launch. You can select None, Text, Camera, Maps, GMail, etc. Whatever is selected is what will launch with a Home button double tap.

OP
N

New Daddy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! That was very helpful. I hate it when Verizon sneaks in a new function with an upgrade.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved.