Double dialing???

azneelys

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of having to double dial to call out on your Droid when you are in an extended network? This happened a couple of weeks ago and I had it out with Verizon. They tried and tried all sorts of programming but nothing worked. They finally replaced the phone but now its doing the same thing again. Funny thing is a friend of mine has the exact same phone, from out-of-state and his works just fine. No problems at all. Any suggestions?? We have compared phones, settings, etc. and can't find anything different between the two except on his Droid his MIN and MDN #'s are the same as his phone number but mine are different. Would that make a difference or am I just barking up the wrong tree? I work in Alaska and have never had a problem one bit until I got the Droid. HELP!!

OP
azneelys

azneelys

Reaction score
Results***

So I have figured out why I've been having to double dial. Before I got the Droid I had set up "Usage Controls" on my account thru Verizon to not allow restricted/blocked numbers, well since I work in Alaska and Alaska does not have its own towers (they bounce off of ACS towers) the system was confused somehow and was trying to block the usage of my Droid. After removing those controls I was immediately able to call out again. YAY!!!