DolphinHD bookmarks organizer?

issues636

Reaction score
i finally installed the DolphinHD browser, and the little "tutorial" screens at the beginning mentioned organizing bookmarks. what exactly does it mean by that? i'm looking through the bookmarks and it looks like i can't do any more than i could do with the stock browser. i was hoping "organizing bookmarks" meant i was able to put my bookmarks in groups. sports/games/etc, is that possible?

edogg534

Reaction score
how did you get that pandora widget? mine just says Pandora Internet Radio.

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
how did you get that pandora widget? mine just says Pandora Internet Radio.

That's just because I had a song playing before I took the picture. If I don't play anything on Pandora, it just says Pandora Internet Radio, but if I play something, it says the info with the remote/etc, until I restart my device.

OSX2000

Reaction score
All it does is let you re-order them...but only when they're in list view. Sadly, that's it.

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
All it does is let you re-order them...but only when they're in list view. Sadly, that's it.

Oh =/ that sucks. I was hoping for folders. I have so many mobile ESPN pages bookmarked for all my teams, plus I have like alot of PS3 trophies sites, walkthrough sites, etc, so I was mainly hoping to make a Sports and a Games folder to clean things up a bit and to make the random things a little easier to find. Oh well. I guess I'll have to find a way to deal.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love this thread.

Oh =/ that sucks. I was hoping for folders. I have so many mobile ESPN pages bookmarked for all my teams, plus I have like alot of PS3 trophies sites, walkthrough sites, etc, so I was mainly hoping to make a Sports and a Games folder to clean things up a bit and to make the random things a little easier to find. Oh well. I guess I'll have to find a way to deal.

Workarounds:
- put folders on your desktop and fill them with bookmarks
- use an online bookmark organizer
- I think there are widgets/apps that help organize/access bookmarks

By the way, I'm glad we're saying bookmarks and not "favorites". Internet explorer came along and all of a sudden bookmarks were favorites. Millions of references to bookmarks need to be changed to bookmarks/favorites? Favorite? We were already using that word on the web with it's original meaning! And just because I bookmark something, it doesn't mean it's my favorite. Sometimes I have to bookmark stuff I hate. End rant.

Last edited:

mikeyd08

Reaction score
By the way back on topic I've emailed them and requested adding labels/tags to the bookmarks. I'm really glad Google bookmark sync was added but I mine organized with labels
That was in the old version so hope it's added here