Doing fresh Gingerbread Install

Hobn

Reaction score
So after installing the 2 part package from P3Droid, I installed Liberty 0.6 without exiting recovery. Now I'm thinking I did the wrong thing, because I get a lot of freezing and force closes. If I wanted to do a fresh install, do I have to sbf back to stock froyo and reinstall the package or just factory reset?

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
i think all you need to do is wipe cache, then wipe data/cache and reflash the rom. you shouldnt have to sbf if youre on a compatable build (or the same one). if you still get issues, then you might have to sbf back to froyo and re-upgrade

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just do a data wipe (maybe 2 :) then reflash liberty. I just did it. Works fine. Just to be safe, i always mount system and data in mounts/storage before flashing to insure success

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

cjriddle22

Reaction score
So after installing the 2 part package from P3Droid, I installed Liberty 0.6 without exiting recovery. Now I'm thinking I did the wrong thing, because I get a lot of freezing and force closes. If I wanted to do a fresh install, do I have to sbf back to stock froyo and reinstall the package or just factory reset?

Yeah just do a data/cache/dalvik cache wipe and you should be good to go. Then maybe reflash Liberty, but I would boot up first and see how she is acting.

AmsuJackal

Reaction score
Just do a data wipe (maybe 2 :) then reflash liberty. I just did it. Works fine. Just to be safe, i always mount system and data in mounts/storage before flashing to insure success

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

actually, i had to stop doing that. my DX is on cricket instead of verizon, and to get my data working after i flash any rom or do a wipe i have to create an APN with all of cricket's proxy data, then use adb and push over 2 files and chmod them. i noticed that if i mount system/data in mounts/storage while flashing your rom, it messes with the permissions a lot. adb refuses to let me do anything because you cant adb authenticated to override the fact that root has access to everything and you have to be logged in with adb shell to su into root to be authenticated, and in the shell you cant adb so you cant move the file over.

that might help some people, just some food for thought. might help with some issues too.