Frozen @ Liberty Boot Screen

Capper

Reaction score
I am having a big problem, and at this point am pretty frustrated.
I SBFed a fresh 2.3.34, rebooted installed the donate version of Toolbox and followed the instructions on the initial screen (SBF, BootStrap, install Liberty 2.01) and it does nothing. Every time I've tried installing GB .3, it freezes at a darkened screen that just says "Liberty". I can do nothing but pull the battery and SBF back again....WTF am I doing wrong? 0

OP
C

Capper

Reaction score
SBFed back to a fresh 2.3.34, so FROYO.

Draken

Reaction score
wait when you go to LB Gingerbread aare you going to 0.1 first then updating to 0.4

OP
C

Capper

Reaction score
No, the thing is its not letting me install anything.
From a fresh SBF, I installed Z4Root, rebooted, installed the Toolbox, rebooted, installed the Bootstrapper, rebooted, then have tried both Liberty 2.01 and GB .3 (which was the latest when I started this ordeal)....and it just freezes at the "Liberty" screen....and the only way I can get out is a battery pull and another SBF.

Draken

Reaction score
In order to get Liberty working you have to install the 0.1 version first. The other versions are just updates. So just install version 0.1 full (if you are on Froyo) and if not the the other version 0.1. then go to version 0.4( latest version now)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you doing a data wipe during install of roms? i can understand having problems going straight to 0.3 but going to 2.01 should be flawless with a data wipe.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
From a fresh SBF, I installed Z4Root, rebooted, installed the Toolbox, rebooted, installed the Bootstrapper, rebooted, then have tried both Liberty 2.01 and GB .3 (which was the latest when I started this ordeal)....and it just freezes at the "Liberty" screen....and the only way I can get out is a battery pull and another SBF.

Well, .3 wasn't a full release. Just for kicks, try this method:

1. SBF to .340
2. Root with Z4Root and then confirm root.
3. Install Toolbox and bootstrap.
4. Download 0.4 FULL zip, don't install.
5. Boot into recovery. Wipe data.
6. Install zip from sdcard. (browse to the directory with the liberty zip)
7. Reboot. Give it a full 10 min.

Come back and tell me it worked. If you report back otherwise, I'll murder this marzipan I'm staring at.

OP
C

Capper

Reaction score

Well, .3 wasn't a full release. Just for kicks, try this method:

1. SBF to .340
2. Root with Z4Root and then confirm root.
3. Install Toolbox and bootstrap.
4. Download 0.4 FULL zip, don't install.
5. Boot into recovery. Wipe data.
6. Install zip from sdcard. (browse to the directory with the liberty zip)
7. Reboot. Give it a full 10 min.

Come back and tell me it worked. If you report back otherwise, I'll murder this marzipan I'm staring at.

Tried this twice....followed instructions to the letter. Frozen with a black fist in an orange circle......I'm about to lose my mind

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Tried this twice....followed instructions to the letter. Frozen with a black fist in an orange circle......I'm about to lose my mind

Okay, than I have one alternative left to offer (well two, but I know you won't like that option).

First, try doing the three zip method over at MyDroidWorld to get your device onto the GB leak. If that runs successfully and boots up, then you could then flash the 0.4 non-full zip. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

The second option would be to mail me your phone and I'll put Liberty on it. ;) Or (cause I've done this before) we could skype and I could watch you do all the steps and see if I catch something, lol.

I do recommend the MDW method though to see if that will help bump your phone up to GB first before doing Liberty.

OP
C

Capper

Reaction score
I'll try the MDW method tomorrow. I'm beat and dreaming of marzipan....

OP
C

Capper

Reaction score
OK, back at it....something else strange. When I installed the Toolbox, I cant connect via Wifi, it keeps dropping the connection (it seems to be fighting with something, going from connected to acquiring, to obtaining IP). If I uninstall Toolbox my Wifi immediately connects fine.

Last edited:

bobAbooey

Reaction score
I use this when nothing else works.

Power down phone (pull battery)
Plug charger into wall outlet and plug into phone.
Wait for the logo to go away, the battery charging icon should pop up, I wait till till the screen goes black and then I power on like normal.

This always gets my back to normal. I always have to restore a backup though, just rebooting will send you back to the start.