Can you do full .4 install from .3?

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Just curious...I want to do a true fresh start, need to know if I have to SBF to Froyo first since the text on it says only do this from any Froyo build.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
All you need to do for a 'fresh' start is to download the .4 non-full zip and choose the wipe data option when flashing it. This will put you to a 'new' state upon reboot after the installation.

OP
RolandDeschain
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Yeah, but I've been having some major problems with Liberty GB and want to go back to stock Froyo then go from there.

OP
RolandDeschain
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Yeah, I just ended up doing that. Basically, whenever I used mass storage mode, it would work but the phone would freeze or reboot half the time after going back to charge only. I would then literally have to reboot anywhere from once or twice, to sometimes a dozen times or more, to get back to a working boot. It'd sit there and freeze after loading the homescreen, or after homescreen and widgets, or within a few minutes of loading homescreen/widgets. Even after wiping data, cache and dalvik cache 7 times each and SBF'ing to official Froyo, then going to Liberty 2.0.1, then going to Liberty .1, then .3. (wiping all 3 7 times each in between each and every one of those upgrades/changes)

It was getting frustrating.

And now...I just wiped everything 4x, SBF'd to Froyo again, and now I just turned my screen off and it turns back on to a black screen which I can't unlock.....none of these problems started until I went to Liberty GB. (except the occasional reboot when entering or leaving mass storage mode on Liberty 2.0.1, but it was always fine after 1 reboot until I used mass storage mode again)

Now, no matter how many times I wipe/SBF/etc., I have these "Liberty GB-introduced" issues even on stock Froyo SBF. I'm getting concerned for the permanent state of my phone, at this point...I thought wiping data, cache and dalvik cache 7x each ensured nothing was leftover?