Does your screen require you to type extremely slowly or scroll slowlly sometimes?

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Mine does. What can I do?

Basically what happens is it requires LOTS of time to hold the screen down for it to realize that something happened. I can tell that it's an issue with hardware rather than software because of the way it acts though. It will do it within every application, games are almost impossible to play, texts are painful to type and the phone just sucks. It doesn't do it all the time, I'd say about 50% of the time. It just comes and goes for no particular reason. Does this happen to anyone else? How can I fix this?

ajk23az

Reaction score
Are you rooted?

I've come across this when I've been playing with different ROMs. Then I switch to another ROM and it is perfectly fine.

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Bump? Phone still does this, albeit not as frequently though. But yesterday I really couldn't text because it too 3-5x as long to type the message because the phone couldn't understand that I was typing quickly. It picked every 3 or 4 characters and went with it. I could tell it wasn't being laggy, the screen just didn't understand that I was pressing it more often than it responded to.

rsdroid

Reaction score
Mine does this, but only when on the wall charger. Noticed it in the store before I ever bought it. Only time it's ever been a problem. Doesn't even seem to do it on the car charger.

Rhino94

Reaction score
You may want to go into your setting menu > running services and see what is running that could be taking up too much ram. Sometimes things are running in the background that don't need to be. I made a link to this on one of my screens by going to personalize>shortcuts>settings>Running Services.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

crakmasta

Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing. Mostly can't use it will its charging at home. In the car isn't a problem, and I don't need to top off so often anymore since I started using the rezound battery

Sent via Bolt of Thunder!

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
It still does this.. I'd say maybe once a week typically, sometimes more and sometimes less. I'd say 75% of the time it's on the charger when the problem starts but it does continue off the charger and with a reset. I am huge on going into applications and killing stuff that I don't need/want running so I know that's not an issue at all. It's so dang frustrating when it happens that I just want to ditch the TB for something new and fancy. I'm just glad that I live across the street from a T-Mobile and not a Verizon or else I would have a new phone lol!

nodak102

Reaction score
Mine has never had this problem. Bone stock with lots of apps installed.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Drew_P

Reaction score
I noticed that this was happening a lot lately. I realized it happened when I plugged in to charge at home (haven't noticed when on car charger) what I do to fix is simply have the screen on, unplug until the orange led goes off, then plug back in and wait til the led comes back on. That's usually all I do and it goes back to regular speed. Hope this helps.

sent from my rezound powered thunderbolt!!!

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
The problem does seem to have something to do with the charger, but only sometimes. I've tried to keep it cool while on the charger and it doesn't help. It's been about a week since it's happened luckily. It's been a year with this phone and I've put up with it for so long and gotten used to the annoyances... but now I'm thinking of starting a whole new phone to get rid of these problems and find new ones... arg.