1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Handcent at Random Times: typing does not keep up, sluggish, launches a black screen

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by M.J.H., Jan 10, 2011.

1. M.J.H.

M.J.H. New Member

Can anyone offer any advice about this issue that I am having with my Droid Pro, basically Handcent seems to be what is causing the issue. Sometimes for absolutely no reason at all the typing has a HUGE lag from the speed at which I am typing to translate that onto the screen - and it ends up being extremely extremely annoying/frustrating.

Previously I blamed this one the phone not being rooted after the update, and that seemed to fix it. But now again I am back to an operating system issue it seems that does not seem to fix itself!

Any suggestions?
  2. flash24

flash24 New Member

Have you tried re-installing Handcent?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App
  3. aaronturino

aaronturino New Member

this worked for me...

what was happening to me was that i would be hammering out a handcent sms, discard my usually lengthy message, then go to a blank screen, then go to google search. there was never any serious lag, just the frustration of my lengthy message discarded, rarely saved as a draft. from the home screen, press the options soft key, first key from the left, left of the home key, search>searchsettings>searchable items. then deselect everything. so far after a day, i havent had the problem occur. u can trial and error the issue by selecting one item till u find the fault....but so far i havent missed any search features :/
  4. longrifle325

longrifle325 New Member

I finally got tired of the lag and installed go sms. Very pleased with it so far, no lag and you can personalize it like handcent.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
droid pro freeze typing
droid pro freezes when typing at
es4004 slow msg typing
handcent lag when typing
handcent lags galaxy s3

handcent slow typing

handcent sms is slow
handcent sms not typing lag

handcent sms slow typing

handcent sms sluggish