Screen Occasionally Unresponsive and Inaccurate

yougotmail18812

Reaction score
Sometimes during a call I'll go to hang up but no matter how many times I press end, nothing happens. I can't put the phone on speaker phone or anything. the keys at the bottom of the device function perfectly during this period of time, and you can get to the power off screen but can't select any option. It doesn't just happen while talking on the phone either, I've pulled my phone out my pocket and couldn't slide it to unlock due to the screen not picking up my touch or something and the problem just goes away somewhere between 5-20 minutes later. It's really frustrating not being able to answer or hang up calls and being left without a phone until it decides to work. I've also experienced the touch screen pressing keys i didn't press and when i hit the screen, it typing like 5 letters i didn't hit. Sometimes I can't type a message because the keyboard is impossible to use considering the screen is being so inaccurate and this applies to not just texting but happens sometimes when dialing numbers or selecting apps. This problem also just magically goes away after a few minutes, but is extremely annoying. Has anyone else experienced similar screen issues?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Vito.a

Reaction score
I've experienced the same issue where the screen becomes unresponsive. I power the phone off and back on to clear it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've experienced the same issue where the screen becomes unresponsive. I power the phone off and back on to clear it.

I'll suggest the same troubleshooting to you. If a simple reboot solves the problem it is most likely a software conflict. The problem with these issues is it's difficult to troubleshoot because you don't know when (and if) it will ever happen again. I much prefer problems that I can replicate time and time again.

Give it a day or two in Safe mode and see if things change for you. ;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sometimes during a call I'll go to hang up but no matter how many times I press end, nothing happens. I can't put the phone on speaker phone or anything. the keys at the bottom of the device function perfectly during this period of time, and you can get to the power off screen but can't select any option. It doesn't just happen while talking on the phone either, I've pulled my phone out my pocket and couldn't slide it to unlock due to the screen not picking up my touch or something and the problem just goes away somewhere between 5-20 minutes later. It's really frustrating not being able to answer or hang up calls and being left without a phone until it decides to work. I've also experienced the touch screen pressing keys i didn't press and when i hit the screen, it typing like 5 letters i didn't hit. Sometimes I can't type a message because the keyboard is impossible to use considering the screen is being so inaccurate and this applies to not just texting but happens sometimes when dialing numbers or selecting apps. This problem also just magically goes away after a few minutes, but is extremely annoying. Has anyone else experienced similar screen issues?

I've started to have thus same issue. Mine started as screen lag, and unresponsiveness. I booted into safe mode and there is a difference, I dealeted what I thought was the trouble app... same issue came back.

So, I deleted all of my apps, uninstalled all of the updates for all of the junk I don't use. Now the problem still occurs, and is apparently getting worse.

This is a new phone, and I'm not really enthused to turn it over for a CLNR device.

One difference in our issue, my screen is usually responsive, maybe 45 seconds later, but it responds.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just did another factory reset. Lets see what happens

sent from my RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Here's a new twist. when I have the phone plugged in and I'm viewing something, the screen times out and goes black. I wake it up and then the screen goes black again. Within 15 seconds usually. Really starting to tick me off.

My screen time out is set at one minute. Changed it to 2 minutes and it still does it. I am using the charger that came with the phone.

Think I need to call Verizon and start the process.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here's a new twist. when I have the phone plugged in and I'm viewing something, the screen times out and goes black. I wake it up and then the screen goes black again. Within 15 seconds usually. Really starting to tick me off.

My screen time out is set at one minute. Changed it to 2 minutes and it still does it. I am using the charger that came with the phone.

Think I need to call Verizon and start the process.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

You know, I don't want to say this is the cause of your screen timeouts, but I actually had installed an app called (of all things) MRK TimeOut Manager. I didn't even activate it and had just installed it on a whim with the intent at some point to "check it out". Shortly thereafter I noticed my screen would timeout in 15 seconds. Each time, I'd go into the settings and change it to 2 minutes. Not more than a few minutes later it was timing out again in 15 seconds.

Believe me, this drove me wild. I am not a newbie by any stretch of the imagination, however I am not an Android Developer either so I still have a LOT to learn, not the least of which is to keep an open mind about things. Anyway, the long and short of it was the app above, which had the default screen timeout set at 15 seconds, and then allows you to set custom timeouts for each individual application. I changed it to 2 minutes...problem gone.

I know you just did a factory reset so I am not implying that's your phone's issue. I'm just trying to show that sometimes it's the obvious that we overlook. When you did the factory reset, did you then install ANYTHING>? Did you clear the Cache as well? I don't know...just shooting in the dark about this one.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier... didn't see it.

I always wipe my cache and the do a factory reset... then check caches again. Long story, but that procedure will live on in my head for the rest of my coherent days.

Did find that alot of my lag issue was Facebook.... stupid under developed app from one of the largest companies out there.

Then I dumped the whole thing in the trash.. did a couple of factory resets, one after the other. Turned the phone off and charged it to capacity.

Then crammed a ton of garbage in it that I don't use off of the market.. long story short... it works well now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier... didn't see it.

I always wipe my cache and the do a factory reset... then check caches again. Long story, but that procedure will live on in my head for the rest of my coherent days.

Did find that alot of my lag issue was Facebook.... stupid under developed app from one of the largest companies out there.

Then I dumped the whole thing in the trash.. did a couple of factory resets, one after the other. Turned the phone off and charged it to capacity.

Then crammed a ton of garbage in it that I don't use off of the market.. long story short... it works well now.

Like my first born son coming home with a degree from college...you make me proud - "Turned the phone off and charged it to capacity."!
:biggrin:
As for the screen timeouts, can I assume that is resolved? You mentioned lag and Facebook as the cause but I didn't see where the timeouts were resolved.

Let us know!

;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Time out issue is still hanging in there lol