Does warranty cover used Droid 2 purchased on Craigslist?

Benjamin Stone

Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking at buying a slightly used D2 on craigslist and was curious if the warranty would still be good or if it's void because I didn't actually purchase it through a retailer.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it won't be covered because you are not the original purchaser.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

Benjamin Stone

Reaction score
Thanks.

Are there any insurance providers that cover everything, including a manufacturer's defect like screen malfunctions or software glitches.

That's what I'm really worried about. Shelling out cash for a phone that's gonna break down on me. I may as well pay full retail just for the warranty in that case - it may be worth it. Unless problems like these can be solved easily and I just don't know about it.

Just to repeat the buried question: Is there an insurance provider that covers basically EVERYTHING, including lost/stolen, damaged, and manufacturer's defects?

Thanks again.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... and I don't know if you can even purchase insurance on it since it's not a new device...

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can add insurance on a device that isn't new (refurbs carry over existing insurance)

trillonometry

Reaction score
i was under the impression that once you activate the device on your line it is insured and the device asurion was previously insuring is no longer

Reaction score
^ this.

However, because the value is greater than $500 you should be able to get "Personal Asset Insurance" either through a rider on your home owners insurance or an independent policy (typically cheaper than vzw insurance anyways.)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i was under the impression that once you activate the device on your line it is insured and the device asurion was previously insuring is no longer
Again, I might be mistaken but I don't believe this is correct. Insurance is for a device... not the phone number.

OP
B

Benjamin Stone

Reaction score
Ugh. I hate decisions like this. It's either buy the barely used one for half-price with no protection, or pay full retail price for a warranty and then add even more for insurance.

I'm a new employee at a Verizon Premium Retailer, BTW, and while we do get phone service for dirt cheap, we are also asked to find a phone to buy ourselves. That means full price if you must (so $529.99 and up), or other avenues like I'm trying to find.

So any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Butthead007

Reaction score
No warranty for you. Also, asurion covers the mdn and not a specific phone.

Buy the phone from Verizon. You'll be much happier.

OP
B

Benjamin Stone

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I've been doing my homework and looking over phones for a month now, and I've decided my best option was just to purchase from the store. I get the phone "at cost" so it's slightly cheaper than the msrp, and I can also make installment payments taken out as a payroll deduction.

And after all that homework I decided on......

The Droid X. dancedroid

So I guess I'll post over there now...

Thanks!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Ok the warreny DOES work if the devise was purchased within a year which was bc it hasn't been out that long I have done it plenty of times I bye all my phones off craigslist when I'm not up for an upgrade.....and yes you can get insurance the way that works is the insurance has to be active for 30 days b4 you can use it so if you break the devise within the 30 your screwed but you can get it