Purchase directly from Verizon out of contract, or Craigslist?

SonRK

Reaction score
Topic title is my question...

Looks like it retails for $580, or pick it up from some schmuck online for 520-560

Would getting it on Craigslist be eligible for Warranty claims? Like Headphone jack problems or something.

I also have a couple of other questions about Verizon Plans

I am eligible for a discounted upgrade with a new 2 year contract

Assuming my current plan ends in about a year, would the new contract reset my current plan? So my new every 2 would be 24 months from now, or would it approximately be 3 years from now.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Looks like it retails for $580, or pick it up from some schmuck online for 520-560

Would getting it on Craigslist be eligible for Warranty claims? Like Headphone jack problems or something.

Assuming my current plan ends in about a year, would the new contract reset my current plan? So my new every 2 would be 24 months from now, or would it approximately be 3 years from now.

Your contract would renew, so it would be 2 years from when you renew it.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

MrJack

Reaction score

Since Malvado answered your other question, I'll answer the question regarding the Warranty. Warranties are exclusive to the original purchaser of the phone, and won't transfer. If you buy it off of a person on Craigslist, Verizon Wireless won't extend any warranty options to you, since it would then be considered Customer Provided Equipment. It would be between you and the person you buy the phone from to take care of any issues regarding the phone. So you look at it as save up to $60 dollars and if there's a mechanical or electrical defect with the phone some months down the line, you're either out a phone or you can try to argue with someone to get it replaced for you. If you buy it from Verizon Wireless, even at full retail, you'll still get the 1 year manufacturers warranty. Risk it and save some money, or have piece of mind if there are any manufacturing defects with the device.