Does verizon throttle?!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Simple question.... Like I can't really get anyone to confirm it, has anyone experienced slow 3G as a result of overuse? Any links showing confirmation on Verizon throttling would be appreciated too.

thanks in advance!

mack19318

Reaction score
I am not sure they do. Could be wrong.
I had a few problems with an app called dogcatcher, and ended up downloading a lot of podcasts and redownloading again and again untill the settings and my phone where straight. And after looking at my usage it was up to 8 gigs after only the 4th of this months. And so far everything seems to be the same speed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, in talking to a vzw tech manager about unauthorized tethering, one of the tools they use to deal with data hogs is to throttle back. I am not sure the magic number but I am suspecting 5gbs, but I could be wrong about the amount of data you have to burst through before they throttle back on data speeds.

matt2783

Reaction score
I've heard they do after 5 gigs and I've heard the top 5%. I never felt like I got throttled but I don't use that much data either.

modisch

Reaction score
I'm not a big user, because I use wifi mainly. But I tried the no-throttle hack and it doubled my downstream on speed tests.

So take that for what it is worth.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

Reaction score
I'm not a big user, because I use wifi mainly. But I tried the no-throttle hack and it doubled my downstream on speed tests.

So take that for what it is worth.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

I'm pretty sure the no throttle hack doesn't apply to the same subject as carrier side throttling. Yes I can confirm Verizon throttles almost 100% of users after 5gb. Sprint also does it. Except sprint will cancel your contract without notice if you use more than 50% of your data while roaming.

sharkindroid

Reaction score
I cannot say yeah or nay for smartphones, but I know for a fact they throttle my MIFI. We have unlimitied use from being ALLTEL customers, but after 5GB they throttle us because they do not get any more money for what we use over 5. And NO ONE will remove the feature from my account.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
I accually have a file named throttle in my system folder. And it has some files in it. Not sure what they are.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums