Does the Rezound make a good hotspot?

wsettle

Reaction score
I'm looking for a phone that can run full on hotspot for several hours at time and service several devices like a laptop and other portable devices. Has anyone tried the hotspot and put it to the test yet?

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
I'm looking for a phone that can run full on hotspot for several hours at time and service several devices like a laptop and other portable devices. Has anyone tried the hotspot and put it to the test yet?

I haven't yet done a torture test, but I tried it out with my (rooted, Android tablet) Nook Color for about an hour one night and it provided a fast, solid connection.

I normally spend a lot of time in hotels and when I verify that it works, I'll attempt to terminate my Verizon 4G USB modem. If you haven't gotten a better answer before then, I'll let you know after a more exhaustive test.

OP
W

wsettle

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. A hotspot torture test is a good description and what I'm after. I appreciate any info you come up with.

I have an AT&T iPhone right now and it does a solid job of providing 3G hotspot capability but I use 8-12GB of data a month. Since I no longer have the unlimited plan I'm looking to Verizon for the double data deal at $5/GB which is more reasonable. I don't mind paying to play but $10/GB is ridiculous.

305rev305

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. A hotspot torture test is a good description and what I'm after. I appreciate any info you come up with.

I have an AT&T iPhone right now and it does a solid job of providing 3G hotspot capability but I use 8-12GB of data a month. Since I no longer have the unlimited plan I'm looking to Verizon for the double data deal at $5/GB which is more reasonable. I don't mind paying to play but $10/GB is ridiculous.

Yeah, take advantage of the double data deal. If you're happy with at&t's data speed then you'll love verizon's 4g LTE...The rezound seems to be an awesome phone....

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. A hotspot torture test is a good description and what I'm after.

I've been home... but now I'm in a hotel, with my Rezound providing a wifi hotspot. I've got two bars of 3G and bouncy bars on 4G.

I'm watching the Sharks game via my Slingplayer on a netbook, the first episode of Lost in HD on my laptop using Amazon Instant Video, "Sixteen Candles" via HBO GO on my Nook Color, and a YouTube video on the phone itself. Not a hiccup on any of them.

Oh, yes, and I'm posting this reply at the same time!

I'd call that a torture test!

acles003

Reaction score
I've been home... but now I'm in a hotel, with my Rezound providing a wifi hotspot. I've got two bars of 3G and bouncy bars on 4G.

I'm watching the Sharks game via my Slingplayer on a netbook, the first episode of Lost in HD on my laptop using Amazon Instant Video, "Sixteen Candles" via HBO GO on my Nook Color, and a YouTube video on the phone itself. Not a hiccup on any of them.

Oh, yes, and I'm posting this reply at the same time!

I'd call that a torture test!

Wow that's impressive and insane!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums