1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does the Rezound make a good hotspot?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by wsettle, Nov 19, 2011.

1. wsettle

wsettle New Member

I'm looking for a phone that can run full on hotspot for several hours at time and service several devices like a laptop and other portable devices. Has anyone tried the hotspot and put it to the test yet?
  2. oakdale_mike

oakdale_mike New Member

I haven't yet done a torture test, but I tried it out with my (rooted, Android tablet) Nook Color for about an hour one night and it provided a fast, solid connection.

I normally spend a lot of time in hotels and when I verify that it works, I'll attempt to terminate my Verizon 4G USB modem. If you haven't gotten a better answer before then, I'll let you know after a more exhaustive test.
  3. wsettle

wsettle New Member

Cool, thanks. A hotspot torture test is a good description and what I'm after. I appreciate any info you come up with.

I have an AT&T iPhone right now and it does a solid job of providing 3G hotspot capability but I use 8-12GB of data a month. Since I no longer have the unlimited plan I'm looking to Verizon for the double data deal at $5/GB which is more reasonable. I don't mind paying to play but $10/GB is ridiculous.
  4. 305rev305

305rev305 New Member

Yeah, take advantage of the double data deal. If you're happy with at&t's data speed then you'll love verizon's 4g LTE...The rezound seems to be an awesome phone....
  5. oakdale_mike

oakdale_mike New Member

I've been home... but now I'm in a hotel, with my Rezound providing a wifi hotspot. I've got two bars of 3G and bouncy bars on 4G.

I'm watching the Sharks game via my Slingplayer on a netbook, the first episode of Lost in HD on my laptop using Amazon Instant Video, "Sixteen Candles" via HBO GO on my Nook Color, and a YouTube video on the phone itself. Not a hiccup on any of them.

Oh, yes, and I'm posting this reply at the same time!

I'd call that a torture test!
  6. cp24eva

cp24eva New Member

And the rezound strikes again.
  7. acles003

acles003 New Member

Wow that's impressive and insane!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. pedromartinez

pedromartinez New Member

I would presume, the Thunderbolt had an outstanding hotspot and this phone is more capable.
Search tags for this page
can i turn my htc rezound into a hotspot
does htc rezound have hot spot capability
does the htc rezound have a hotspot in it?
does the htc rezound have verizon 4g hotspot
how to activate wireless hotspot on htc rezound
how to get free hotspot on rezound
how to run hotspot from htc rezound
how to turn rezound into hotspot

htc rezound hotspot

rezound amazon instant
turn htc rezound into a hot spot