Laptop crashes when connecting to phone as a hotspot

25mm

Reaction score
My laptop flashes to a blue screen then restarts when I try to connect to my phone using phone as a hotspot to get on the web. I tried this with another Verizon phone and laptop didn't restart.

I can connect my ipad to the web thru my phone with no restart. Kids ipods connect fine.

I can connect to other Verizon hotspots with no issues.

I removed the Verizon phone memorized connection from my laptop and reconnected. Computer restarted.

It appears my phone works fine as a hotspot with other devices except my laptop.

It appears my laptop works fine with other hotspots except my phone.

I pay for Verizon's hotspot subscription. Before, I was using foxfi and my laptop restarted each time.

Any help??

KaChow

Reaction score
My laptop flashes to a blue screen then restarts when I try to connect to my phone using phone as a hotspot to get on the web. I tried this with another Verizon phone and laptop didn't restart.

I can connect my ipad to the web thru my phone with no restart. Kids ipods connect fine.

I can connect to other Verizon hotspots with no issues.

I removed the Verizon phone memorized connection from my laptop and reconnected. Computer restarted.

It appears my phone works fine as a hotspot with other devices except my laptop.

It appears my laptop works fine with other hotspots except my phone.

I pay for Verizon's hotspot subscription. Before, I was using foxfi and my laptop restarted each time.

Any help??

Your profile displays a "Droid X" as your current phone, however your post is in the Razr HD/Maxx HD Support, section so I will provide this answer, based on that. Your problem is your paying Hotspot, when it is free. See what I mean...

rap400

Reaction score
On your laptop go to: Control Panel | Network and Internet| Manage Wireless Networks and find your network connection you use to connect to the hotspot.
Right click on your network hotspot connection, go to the security tab | Advanced settings and check the box for "enable federal information processing standards". Save the setting & try to connect to the hotspot.