Does the Rezound have WPA/WPA2 PSK encryption?

cp24eva

Reaction score
simple as that. Does it have it? There is a network here at work with that type of encryption. I just don't know if The Rezound will connect to it. I tried, but I'm not sure if there is a setting somewhere i have to change.

jeffe65

Reaction score
When I was connected to my WiFi router at home, I believe it was using that encryption; the same as my laptop PC uses. I could connect by either a password or the "Protected Setup" selection in the phone, but you have to have direct access to your router to do the latter.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
well, when I tried logging onto the supplied network with the supplied password/passkey it wouldn't authenticate. I'm going to look more into this.

Byrnie

Reaction score
I set up my wireless router at home to use WPA2 and it works fine. It sounds like there's another type of authentication going there. I.e. maybe a NAC client.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I set up my wireless router at home to use WPA2 and it works fine. It sounds like there's another type of authentication going there. I.e. maybe a NAC client.

Yours might have been AES instead of PSK. I don't know. I mean it works at home any many other places. But they never were PSK. Maybe it's a security thing.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm connected to my home network using WPA2 AES. If I move to TKIP, or old WPA, still no problems.

Just for the record, PSK stands for pre-shared key -- all it means is that you use an out-of-band solution so share the key, meaning you know the key so you put it on both devices.

AES is the encryption algorithm -- the other option is TKIP, which is less secure (mostly because it's older, but it has some vulnerabilities).

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm connected to my home network using WPA2 AES. If I move to TKIP, or old WPA, still no problems.

Just for the record, PSK stands for pre-shared key -- all it means is that you use an out-of-band solution so share the key, meaning you know the key so you put it on both devices.

AES is the encryption algorithm -- the other option is TKIP, which is less secure (mostly because it's older, but it has some vulnerabilities).

I know what PSK stands for. It just doesn't explain why I can't connect to the wifi here when it in actuality is less secure.