Does Samsung Fascinate have Landscape?

jonnhatch

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid 1, but have fooled around with the fascinate and really like it. My only questions are, does the Fascinate have a Landscape mode at all? or is it Portrait only? that might be a deal breaker for me. Also, how is the speaker on it? I love the phone speakers on the Droid 1, they are super loud. Is the Fascinates speaker very loud/good sounding?? Thanks guys :]

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't have landscape...

Are you saying the phone won't rotate when you hold it horizontally?

You can always check in settings > display > and make sure 'auto-rotate' is enabled.

OP
J

jonnhatch

Reaction score
yeah it wouldnt rotate or let me text sideways.. Ill go to the verizon store on lunch break and check. i would ask the verizon reps but they tend to know less than i do haha :p

OP
J

jonnhatch

Reaction score
honestly when i was looking at it, i didnt think to look for an auto rotate setting haha. I will definitely check today in about an hour :]

DP03

Reaction score
Yes, the Fascinate has landscape mode on anything you do with it, including texting. Also, I find the speakers on the phone to be plenty loud.

OP
J

jonnhatch

Reaction score
DP, thanks for the input! Martin, yes the auto-rotate was disabled on the store demo unit, i enabled it, and landscape was rockin:] I think i'll be upgrading to the Fascinate instead of the Droid X :D I just hope the battery life is as long as my Droid 1 because it lasts me a good 12 to 14 hours depending on use!

jrl9851

Reaction score
The speaker is louder on calls (using speakerphone) than my droid was, but on everything else it completely fails for some reason. Speak on navigation is literally useless. At full volume it's about as loud as my droid on 10% volume. And on youtube videos you have to turn it all the way up and can still barely hear it.

Not sure why it's like this. Obviously the speaker is capable of being loud, as shown by the calls using speakerphone, but it's just very quiet on everything else.

OP
J

jonnhatch

Reaction score
Crap man, if thats the case, then FAIL. I use my Droid every day as a radio and MP3 player, and i would definitely miss not having to plug my phone into an external speaker source. The Droid x speaker isnt too bad, my friend uses hers with pandora and it still sounds great. Guess Droid X wins !

Zalyia38

Reaction score
I use my speakers for radio and music all the time and its plenty loud. Maybe yours isn't working properly or a setting was missed.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Crap man, if thats the case, then FAIL. I use my Droid every day as a radio and MP3 player, and i would definitely miss not having to plug my phone into an external speaker source. The Droid x speaker isnt too bad, my friend uses hers with pandora and it still sounds great. Guess Droid X wins !

Sorry, the speaker is perfectly fine for pandora and such. It just sucks with youtube and navigation.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DP, thanks for the input! Martin, yes the auto-rotate was disabled on the store demo unit, i enabled it, and landscape was rockin:] I think i'll be upgrading to the Fascinate instead of the Droid X :D I just hope the battery life is as long as my Droid 1 because it lasts me a good 12 to 14 hours depending on use!
I knew it had to be that setting was disabled :)

Zalyia38

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I see it's low with you tube. I don't ever use it. But for navigation I've always plugged into my aux jack and listen to it through the speakers.

I'm sure there will be a fix to it.

OP
J

jonnhatch

Reaction score
Haha im gonna make yet another trip to verizon store and download pandora on their phone and test it out myself:p im so damn picky