Does Costco have the same 180 day

summit21

Reaction score
policy that other 3rd party retailers have? No changes to the plan you sign up for with them, for 180 days. I am looking at the HTC One through them on an individual plan, but will need to add my wife about a month later and change my plan to a family plan. A store rep told me no, but just need to be sure since the full cost of the phone is not something I want to pay.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
They did not when I used them not too long ago. I even called them to be certain. They told me that once I bought the phone I could do whatever I wanted to with it... just have to keep the line for 2 years.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I will take the liberty to answer this, since I work for the wireless kiosk in Costco :-D
There is absolutely no penalty for putting the phone onto a different line after purchase. In fact, I have personally moved phones around for members. Costco also has a 90 day return policy on phones, but each kiosk follows it a little differently. Mine, for example, will allow you to return the phone and repurchase a different model within the 14 day trial period. Once the 14 days are up, you can only 'exchange' it for the same model phone if there is a defect. After 90 days, you are SOL ;-)

I hope that helps :)

OP
S

summit21

Reaction score
I will take the liberty to answer this, since I work for the wireless kiosk in Costco :-D
There is absolutely no penalty for putting the phone onto a different line after purchase. In fact, I have personally moved phones around for members. Costco also has a 90 day return policy on phones, but each kiosk follows it a little differently. Mine, for example, will allow you to return the phone and repurchase a different model within the 14 day trial period. Once the 14 days are up, you can only 'exchange' it for the same model phone if there is a defect. After 90 days, you are SOL ;-)

I hope that helps :)
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the HTC One (ATT) online through Costco yesterday at a screaming deal ($129). Colorado kiosks do not sell ATT onsite.