A little dilemma... help needed

CKyle22

Reaction score
My family has a family plan. Mom, dad, sister, me. We don't have Droids. We all want Droids. 3 of the 4 lines aren't eligible for an upgrade. What do we do?

The Verizon Store guy said we'd have to cancel all our lines, then buy the phone at full retail, THEN pay for a plan, THEN add data. That comes out to (500x4) = 2000, plus 200 for a 1400 minute plan with all the txting stuff, then $120 for our data plans.

That's a little ridiculous, especially since Verizon offered me an early upgrade to the Droid in the mail (which I lost... :( )

What can I do guys?

Dragoro

Reaction score
Upgrade to droid as your eligible. Maybe talk to a supervisor in store or on phone, explain that youll be buyin 4 droids (considerable profit for verizon) maybe theyll be willing to do it.

struong57

Reaction score
In addition, remind them of the profit they will make from 4 data plans.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed, when it comes to a situation like yours, the smaller reps most likely can't help you. You'd have to talk straight with a supervisor. Do as dragoro said and tell them that you have an early upgrade on one line but you want to buy 3 more, they might be able to work out a deal with you. Though i'm not sure if they will sell you all 3 for early upgrade price. You never know though until you talk to them. Plus it's christmas time. :)

droiddict

Reaction score
You don't have to get a 1400 minute plan unless you need that much. We have 3 phones on a family plan and Verizon actually sent me a letter saying that I could save $10 by going from 700 to 450 because we never go over that in minutes and we mostly call each other which is free. The 450 will be $59, plus data, insurance etc.

Dragoro

Reaction score
Whoo a Mod agreed with me!! lol And wow New2U, I used to live in tallahassee like 17 years ago when i was 18. Used to live on W Virginia street, cant believe i still remember that.

Last edited:
OP
C

CKyle22

Reaction score
We do need 1400 minutes, as my dad will be using this as a business phone and I as a student.

Thanks for your help guys! Any more suggestions will be welcome.

ldimick

Reaction score
I would upgrade one phone and give it to Dad. Then cancel the other three lines completely. Then buy new droids with new lines for $200 each. As long as you can live with a new number this will work for you.

buenos

Reaction score
you can also find them online for 149.
too bad you missed the BGO...:mad:

OP
C

CKyle22

Reaction score
ldimick, I just wanna thank you man. That just saved my family and I a whole **** ton of trouble. When I get some google voice/wave invites (have none now) I'll be thinking of you.

NyczVegeta85

Reaction score
You gotta keep calling them until you finally gt the answer you want. First make a estimate of the most you are willing to spend for the 4 droids. And if one rep says its not possible hang up and call again to speak to another rep.
I still had a year and a half till my contract was over and I paid the 2 yr contract price for my droid!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon directly at their 800 # and explain your dilemma. They frequently will let you do an early upgrade. Especially for a 4 line plan.

Or go to a few other local stores and see what the manager can swing.

repomanNWP

Reaction score
retail store managers have the authority to upgrade a line at anytime... find a store mgr that's willing to work with you. GL!

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
Oooo, canceling 3 contracts, doesn't that add up to a lot with ETF's? Or will the manager wave those as well.