1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does anyone else think this is stupid?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by azules9780, Jun 15, 2010.

1. azules9780

azules9780 New Member

I downloaded and just started using chrome for the whole chrome to phone thing I have on my phone with froyo now. Well it says you can use the address bar as a search bar or basically whatever you want to use it for. Does anyone think that it is stupid for me to type in a keyword to search for it only to have BING do the searching? Umm, Google, I use all of your products for a reason and it's not so I can search with Bing!

Any thoughts, or am I just really tired and missing a setting I need to adjust?
  2. gszeman

gszeman New Member

Click the wrench in the toolbar.
    Go down to Options.
    Under the basic tab, select Google as the default search provider.

Or use Firefox like I do and get the "Send to Phone" add-on :)

I just really can't get used to Chrome...
  3. ClaudioKilgannon

ClaudioKilgannon New Member

I don't like Chrome for the fact that it doesn't have the drop down address bar like every other browser. I won't be worrying about Chrome to phone cause it is stupid.
  4. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

You can also get to that search setting by right clicking in the address bar and selecting "Edit Search Engines".

Love Chrome. Still the fastest browser for me.
  5. iPirate

iPirate New Member

It fast because it makes a new thread for each website giving more processing time to each page.

I just started to use chrome as my default browser and I love it, I see no reason to go back to FF
  6. littlerick

littlerick New Member

i've used chrome to phone several times sending me links to download new roms or kernels and various driving directions. i didnt think i would use it at first now i'm hooked
  7. aldaudio

aldaudio New Member

how do you get chrome? just download Fake Google Chrome?

ive tried searcing for ChromeToPhone and cant find anything....
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

9. aldaudio

aldaudio New Member

thanks for the links. what is that first file on the chrome link?

edit: nevermind, figured it out.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

The first file is the extension for the Chrome browser. U install it like Firefox extensions: drag it into the browser and it auto installs.
  11. perfoliate

perfoliate New Member

Not sure if this is related to chrome to phone. But I just noticed this today and I have to say it's pretty awesome and painless.

Using Internet explorer I can search an address in the google search bar. Click on the maps. Get driving directions from my location. Okay so this is all pretty standard right.

This is where it gets good. I can pick up my phone (running frf57) five seconds later. click on maps. choose get directions. As soon as I begin to type in the address bar it will pop up with address that I had just searched for seconds before on my pc. that's pretty fast syncing imo :D
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Thats a nice find. Froyo is looking better n better every day...
  13. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Kinda depends on who you're tagging with the stupid label... :p

Sometimes it's best to walk away from something for a while and then approach it again later. Be very careful with throwing the word stupid around.
  14. azules9780

azules9780 New Member

Yeah, definitely right about walking away for a minute...

Clearly I was tired but it just makes sense to me that google's web browser would install their own search engine as the default for that web browser and then give me the option to go to bing if I wanted to, not the other way around. Maybe it's just me... anyway, I did change it to make google chrome have google as my default search.
  15. eliassami5

eliassami5 New Member

mine used google as the default search engine..must just be you

At first coming from firefox Google chrome took a while to get used to..but once i did and started adding extentions and things i liked i started loving the browser even more. There is even an Android skin for chrome..here: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/oeljdmeofcikjblcoehpmdnooimalbmj?hl=en

[​IMG]

Its super quick and the incognito browser frikkin rox! Plus the fact that i can accidentally exit all of my tabs and then just open up a new tab, go to the bottom of the screen and reopen all the recently closed tabs, and it even keeps all the history so i can go back once i open all the tabs again. Its just a great browser once you get to familiarize yourself with it.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  16. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic New Member

I love chrome, I use it on my mac and love the address bar and how sickly fast the browser is in general.
  17. Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels New Member

I've been using Chrome for several months now and wouldnt even consider going back to FF let alone IE. By far the best browsing experience I've ever had in my many years online.

C2P is simply awesome BTW.
  18. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic New Member

It would be sick to have chrome on the droid hope it gets there soon. But I agree Speeding wheels, Just a great browser.
  19. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

At first I didnt like Chrome cuz I didnt like how it dealt with bookmarks. Then last month I started using Google Bookmarks...that took care of my bookmarks issue.

Now IE is only used if a really, really have to use it. Some sites that use catchpa's, (those letter/numbers u enter to validate downloads, logins' etc.) I havent gotten around to making them work with FF or Chrome.

And yes C2P is a beautiful thing. Those that dont get it......just dont get it....lol