Verizon to force Bing on everyone soon?

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I find it highly unlikely that this affects any Droid users, being that Android is a Google product.

While we're on the subject, I've used Bing a few times and it is a piece of crap. :)

I was watching TV with my wife and a Bing commercial came on. I told her how I thought it was stupid and she told me that she loved it. "Why?", I asked. "Because of the pretty pictures they have on the homepage", she said.

I rest my case.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
There is no way a Droid phone will ever use Bing, that's like asking The Green Bay Packers to wear a Chicago Bears helmet. LOL

holee

Reaction score
I like Bing. I wish there was a Bing app for Android.

It's far-fetched, but if Microsoft's willing to work with Apple maybe sometime, 5, 10, 30 years down the line, they'll start to code for Android.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Firefox has a tiny user base compared to IE.

Not that this discussion is supposed to be about FF vs. IE

ff-35-ie-7-asdf.jpg

thanks for having my back.... lol

silverjk2007

Reaction score
With Google making their own phones (appearing to be compatible with T-Mobile), will we continue to see Android phones on the Verizon network??

JayMonster

Reaction score
Firefox has a tiny user base compared to IE.

Not that this discussion is supposed to be about FF vs. IE

ff-35-ie-7-asdf.jpg

ummm... hate to be a wiseass (ok, no I don't), but you are showing off all of Firefox vs. IE broken down by version. Here is what the picture currently (really) looks like by market share of each browser. Granted, I agree with the premise that IE is seriously on a downswing and the chart shows that... but Firefox is not ruling the roost just yet. (Of course, I am in the lowly percentage with Chrome so what do I know? :icon_ devil: )

attachment.php

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
ummm... hate to be a wiseass (ok, no I don't), but you are showing off all of Firefox vs. IE broken down by version. Here is what the picture currently (really) looks like by market share of each browser. Granted, I agree with the premise that IE is seriously on a downswing and the chart shows that... but Firefox is not ruling the roost just yet. (Of course, I am in the lowly percentage with Chrome so what do I know? :icon_ devil: )

Ummm I hate to unwise ass you (well, actually I don't) but what my chart shows is the FF 3.5 holds the largest percentage of users of all the other browser versions individually.

If you read a few posts back where 640k pointed this out, I openly admitted that a total tally of all versions of IE vs. FF would show that IE across all it's revisions still holds the most users.

I too use Chrome quite often for high level secure browsing since my wife doesn't know where the icon is hidden. :icon_ devil:

Oh and seriously, I am absolutely giddy that Chrome has surpassed Safari on the charts.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Yup, I knew what your chart showed... (but I missed the admission elsewhere... sorry about that)

I wasn't at all surprised when Chrome shot past Safari... just actually surprised it took so long. I know the interface is a little different than people are accustomed to, but the speed of Chrome is addictive (to me anyway)...

Oh, and just to get this back on track... I wish Bing well... if only in that it is always good to have some competition to keep everybody innovative.

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Oh, and just to get this back on track... I wish Bing well... if only in that it is always good to have some competition to keep everybody innovative.

I totally agree without question! '

My complaint is VZW shoving it down someones throat.

And quit replying to my replies. I've been 12 posts behind you and if you keep replying to my post-whoring I can't catch up!

JayMonster

Reaction score

Every search engine has done this one way or another... Apple snuck Safari in with an iTunes update. I don't know how many times if I wasn't careful, I would have installed Google Toolbar or Yahoo! Toolbar with some app that had it as part of the installer.

And quit replying to my replies. I've been 12 posts behind you and if you keep replying to my post-whoring I can't catch up!

Opps. :whore: :icon_ devil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Every search engine has done this one way or another... Apple snuck Safari in with an iTunes update. I don't know how many times if I wasn't careful, I would have installed Google Toolbar or Yahoo! Toolbar with some app that had it as part of the installer.

very true... but do you think that pushing Bing to BB devices will be the leap forward Microsoft is looking for? BB web browsing leaves much to be desired.

Silver Member
Reaction score

very true... but do you think that pushing Bing to BB devices will be the leap forward Microsoft is looking for? BB web browsing leaves much to be desired.
MS doesn't care about that. MS doesn't care how Vzw pushes their products, so long as Vzw adheres to the contract. If BB brings up bing.com and produces search results, MS sees coin. They could care less if you click on a link and it fails.