Documents to Go

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you think that issue is related to the newer Office 2007 "XLSX" format?

I thought so at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Docs2Go opens true .xlsx files just fine. I think it's more likely to be older incompatibilities between various versions of excel that all created .xls extension files.

winterforge

Reaction score
I'm seeing on the Market reviews for this, multiple people saying they can't open PDF files in emails and that's what they bought it for. Before I buy it, can someone confirm it can indeed open a PDF attached to a Gmail?

Erich_F

Reaction score
I just sent myself a 1.2meg PDF through Gmail and it works just fine. You scroll to the bottom of the email, tap the Preview button, and select PDF to Go. After it's open, you can do a Save As anywhere on your SD card.

Cheers,

Erich_F

Reaction score
Oh, there is one issue...Gmail renames the file to "Attachment.PDF" so, when you save it, you need to rename it to whatever you want.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing on the Market reviews for this, multiple people saying they can't open PDF files in emails and that's what they bought it for. Before I buy it, can someone confirm it can indeed open a PDF attached to a Gmail?

In general it works fine for pdf's. The reports of problems are difficult to pin down. I suspect that they may stem from (a) very, very, very large pdf's of many, many, many megabytes or (b) interfering with the downloading of a pdf. I've experienced a few problems with very large pdf's. In one case the phone appeared to shut down while downloading. Pulled the battery and tried again and it worked fine. I suspect I might have just not waited long enough the first tiime around since the phone may have been downloading a news feed update simultaneously.

Otherwise, I suspect there may be problems with corrupted pdf's.

As noted in a post above, Documents2Go is pretty picky about the files it can deal with. And my impression is that it doesn't have very robust error handling functionality. So some of the problems people report may stem from a hiccup in a download that leads to a corrupted file (obviously more likely with a very large file). Docs2Go may fail to report it as corrupted and instead simply report it cannot be opened.

fitnessnut

Reaction score
I purchased the Documents to Go Full because I used it on my Palm and liked it. I couldn't activate it without having the trial version installed so I did that and it works great. However, 3 or 4 days after I made the purchase I got an email from DataViz offering the upgrade (Full Version) for 9.99 - Grrrrrrr

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I purchased the Documents to Go Full because I used it on my Palm and liked it. I couldn't activate it without having the trial version installed so I did that and it works great. However, 3 or 4 days after I made the purchase I got an email from DataViz offering the upgrade (Full Version) for 9.99 - Grrrrrrr

Here I'll make you feel even worse... DataViz had a Cinco de Mayo sale and some lucky people got the full version for $5.55... I was one.

To make you feel better... After I rooted and installed Froyo my activation key did not download from the market as it should and I contacted DataViz. They returned my e-mail promptly and had me restored to full version within 15 minutes of me responding to their E-mail with the info they needed.

DataViz Customer Service is is beyond EXCELLENT!!!

grimloktt

Reaction score
Can the Excel handle graphs, charts, etc? My buddy says his can't but the website says it can. Thoughts?

bobwat

Reaction score
I bought the samsung skyrocket in Dec and bought the dataviz docs to go. I am having problems. When I am working in a spreadsheet and try to enter info into a cell, it double enters the first letter or number and I have to back space to erase the duplicate and then continue. Also, when I switch to the numerical keyboard and hit the first number, it switches back to the aplhabet keyboard. I also cant easily move from a cell to the next cell because theirs no direction pad. I just bought the samsung galaxy note and am having the same problems with it.
Any fixes would be appreciated.

Last edited: