Documents to Go

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Anomander, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Anomander

Anomander New Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have been sitting on this app debating if I should order it. The price was to high since I was not sure how much I would use it outside of fantasy football season. Well they are now running a Holiday sale through 12/6 and it is only $9.99. I just wanted to spread the word since that is a heck of a price. Had no problems looking at my Fantasy football Leagues roster :) after I purchased this. Damn I love this phone:heart::motdroidvert:
  2. johnnieeve

johnnieeve New Member

I had Docs to go on my Treo 755P and used it all the time. A very easy program to learn. I have it on my Droid but am struggling with how to transfer/sync. Any info would be appreciated. A great buy at $9.99. I am also looking forward to seeing Splash Suites on Droid.
  3. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Yes, I posted on this a few days ago - I had also purchased it for the $9.99. I had been using it for years on my Palm, and am happy to report it works like a charm on my Droid. I would have paid the twenty nine bucks, (or twenty five) but will not complain about only ten bucks! ;)

I use it for my Word and Excel documents for my work - it was a seamless install and I'm so happy to not having to carry a Palm in addition to my cell now. :)

mikey
  4. johnnieeve

johnnieeve New Member

How do you sync word and excel documents? I have brought some individual items over, but I'm trying to do a folder and having problems.
  5. Anomander

Anomander New Member

Not sure. All I did was open an email attachment. Call me crazy, but I am not seeing an option to save email attachments to my Droid at all? You would think you could have that option with Gmail, but I see nothing. I can "preview" my attachment with no problems. I hope that if this is not option that it will become one down the road.
  6. ScottToler

ScottToler New Member

You have to open the attachment (fetch) and then once it's open you click on the "menu" button (the 4-line button between the go-back arrow and the home button) and then you can save from there. It's an extra step what is logical, but that's what you have to do. Good luck.
  7. darkgreen

darkgreen New Member

Yeah, use K9 mail for better file handling. Another user here with K9 and Docs to Go. It took a couple days to take over as the default file handler, oddly, but seems to be fine now. Only problems I've had so far are that the excel viewer doesn't handle text wrapping or formulas. Does read office 2007 though, which is great.
  8. tcassio

tcassio New Member

Where di you get it for 9.99??????????????
  9. sapo916

sapo916 New Member

Seems like the price went up to $14.99 now.
  10. zettler

zettler New Member

They have it for $9.99 now through 2/8/10.
  11. cuskit

cuskit New Member

I got it for the $9.99 back in early Dec. Well worth it - even if you had to pay full price (but don't - just message them, they'll drop the price as they did for me).. cuskit
  12. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Docs to Go is ver useful, even if you don't actually use it to edit documents. It allows you to save any kind of file you get as an attachment to an email..something the Android email client is incapable of doing for anything but JPG files. That one feature was worth the price of admission, to me.
  13. mikespe

mikespe New Member

I bought it back in December when they had it on sale. Well worth it and I only have used it as a PDF reader! I still haven't checked out Word/Excel/Powerpoint files yet!
  14. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Excel is really kool, does all the formulas and everything. Power Point works well, too, but it doesn't work with custom animations you might put in a presentation. It just displays all the drawings and animations at once in a static view.
  15. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I've noted this on another thread but it's worth repeating here. I've had cases where excel files would not open in Docs2Go. I suspect that the problem lies in the program that creates the .xls file. Knowing the fellow who sends me these files, I suspect he's using Google's (or another 3rd party's) emulation of excel.

The solution is pretty simple, though a bit of a pita.

() From a computer with excel installed, open the document in the gmail you received. .

() Save as an excel document.

() Email the saved .xls to your gmail account.

Once it has been converted to a "true" excel file, Docs2Go opens it flawlessly. "True" excel seems to be a bit more tolerant of faux .xls files than Docs2Go. I've only encountered the problem with excel spreadsheets, but I suspect it might exist with other file types that appear to created by Microsoft apps but are actually the output of sources like Open Office.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  16. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Do you think that issue is related to the newer Office 2007 "XLSX" format?
  17. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I thought so at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Docs2Go opens true .xlsx files just fine. I think it's more likely to be older incompatibilities between various versions of excel that all created .xls extension files.
  18. winterforge

winterforge New Member

I'm seeing on the Market reviews for this, multiple people saying they can't open PDF files in emails and that's what they bought it for. Before I buy it, can someone confirm it can indeed open a PDF attached to a Gmail?
  19. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

I just sent myself a 1.2meg PDF through Gmail and it works just fine. You scroll to the bottom of the email, tap the Preview button, and select PDF to Go. After it's open, you can do a Save As anywhere on your SD card.

Cheers,
  20. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

Oh, there is one issue...Gmail renames the file to "Attachment.PDF" so, when you save it, you need to rename it to whatever you want.
Search tags for this page
docs to go wrap

docs to go wrap text

documents to go excel wrap text

documents to go wrap text

how to wrap text in docs to go excel
how to wrap text in docstogo

how to wrap text in documents to go

how to wrap text in sheet to go
how to wrap text on excel docs to go
wrap text andriod excel

wrap text in docs to go