Docs. to go

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
Does anyone use Documents To Go. They have a nice writeup on their site. But would like to hear from someone who really uses it before I pay the $.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone use Documents To Go. They have a nice writeup on their site. But would like to hear from someone who really uses it before I pay the $.

I don't use it but am contemplating the move now that it's on sale for $9.99. (It's usually $19.99.) Anyway, I believe you can purchase it and then you have 24 hours (maybe more by now) to return it no questions asked.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I use it and could not get along without it. I use the Word and Excel functions the most. I love that I can edit and even create documents. The only excel documents I create are from a company template that I have for quotes. But DocToGo (Full) does everything I need to do.

tehpriest

Reaction score
The free one I downloaded from the Market was just limited functionality. I haven't used it all yet but it does the job.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been using the product for years on several different phones. It's a necessity for me.

It should be noted that there are rare occasions in which it won't decipher what appears to be a standard Msoft document. But I've only encountered the problem a couple of times with spreadsheets. I couldn't confirm it but I believe those were cases where a non-Microsoft product (e.g. Open Office) created the document and placed a standard .xls or .xlsx suffix on the file. In those cases I was able to open the document successfully in a true version of Excel (on my desktop system) and email a saved version to my phone where Documents to Go handled it flawlessly.

I don't recommend that you try complex editing on your phone but that's an issue of the phone, not the software. Otherwise, it's a great product.

rrokit

Reaction score
are there any Msoft compatible alternatives to DocsToGo for Android?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry if this was covered... Can this Docs To Go open not only PDF, Word files, and such.. but can it work with open office formats, thats all I use at home.