Docs. to go

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Turtle Droid, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Turtle Droid

Turtle Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone use Documents To Go. They have a nice writeup on their site. But would like to hear from someone who really uses it before I pay the $.

2. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't use it but am contemplating the move now that it's on sale for $9.99. (It's usually $19.99.) Anyway, I believe you can purchase it and then you have 24 hours (maybe more by now) to return it no questions asked.

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I use it and could not get along without it. I use the Word and Excel functions the most. I love that I can edit and even create documents. The only excel documents I create are from a company template that I have for quotes. But DocToGo (Full) does everything I need to do.

4. tehpriest

tehpriest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The free one I downloaded from the Market was just limited functionality. I haven't used it all yet but it does the job.

5. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Been using the product for years on several different phones. It's a necessity for me.

It should be noted that there are rare occasions in which it won't decipher what appears to be a standard Msoft document. But I've only encountered the problem a couple of times with spreadsheets. I couldn't confirm it but I believe those were cases where a non-Microsoft product (e.g. Open Office) created the document and placed a standard .xls or .xlsx suffix on the file. In those cases I was able to open the document successfully in a true version of Excel (on my desktop system) and email a saved version to my phone where Documents to Go handled it flawlessly.

I don't recommend that you try complex editing on your phone but that's an issue of the phone, not the software. Otherwise, it's a great product.

6. rrokit

rrokit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    are there any Msoft compatible alternatives to DocsToGo for Android?

7. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this was covered... Can this Docs To Go open not only PDF, Word files, and such.. but can it work with open office formats, thats all I use at home.