1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DO you need boot loader unlocked to change launchers?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX HD' started by kormath, Dec 4, 2013.

1. kormath

kormath New Member

Please move this thread if needed.

I just got a warranty replacement Maxx HD with 9.20.1. I've read other threads that say my phone can be rooted but the boot loader cannot be unlocked.

I don't care about installing ROMs, I just want to install a different launcher.

Can I do this with a locked BL? Sorry if this is a repeat question, I wasn't able to find this in a forum search.
  2. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

You can change launchers w/o having to unlock bootloader. You're good to go.
  3. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Many choices out there too depending on what you are looking for. Check out Apex, Nova or Holo for a more customizable stock style replacement. Then there are others like Everything Home that bring a plethora of search options and app organization to your home screens. There are others and I am sure people will chime in.
  4. kormath

kormath New Member

Thanks guys! I had the nova launcher on my previous phone and loved it. Off to root I go :)
  5. snowman

snowman New Member

That's funny I tried to kill that bug on my screen!! good one