Unlocked boot loader benefits?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
whats up everyone i have a question that's plaguing me that i just cant find an answer for what the benefits of an unlocked boot loader are? i am not new to hacking on the bionic i have done everything to my bionic that u possibly can out there lol that also includes bricking the sh#t of of it but hey who hasn't been there. so since the boot loader on the bionic is locked naturally i have no experience or knowledge of what the benefits of having an unlocked boot loader is so could one of u droid hacking legends please enlighten a future disciple in the droid hacking world on boot loaders thank you.

Last edited:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With an unlocked bootloader, you no longer need bootstrap. That means that when you got to boot to stock recovery, you get custom recovery (the recovery partition is now accessible) <-- this is a biggie for sure, stock recovery can always be accessible cause its hardware dependent, so if you soft brick or bootloop and can't get to custom recovery, normally you are in a tough spot, not no more.

You can flash ROM's and Kernels with out having to be on a certain base prior (for the most part, some restrictions may apply, but nothing like a locked bootloader...)

Just more freedom. Lots of freedom.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes its 10 times easier for us to ruin our phones with an encrypted bootloader than without. Also maybe we would see roms like miui and more development if it was easier for developers to access what they needed to. And if we had custom kernels you may see a drastic improvement in battery life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk