Do we have a date for Bionic Fix Update to fix data issue?

bigtex52

Reaction score
you can't pull out the SIM card w/o taking out the battery yo.It's understood that taking out the battery out,you need to turn off your device!:biggrin:
wilboy, the step you left out was to power up the device without the sim card. Otherwise, it has no idea you removed the sim card.

wilboy

Reaction score
wilboy, the step you left out was to power up the device without the sim card. Otherwise, it has no idea you removed the sim card.
my point is you can't take out the SIM card w/o taking out the bat. first..got ur point there,but for me i did'nt power up mine w/o the sim card..i just waited for a minute and put back on sim card and the battry..boom,i didn't experieced dropping from 4g to 3g after,specially at work.

bigtex52

Reaction score
Then re-registering wasn't your problem. Maybe just power cycling fixed yours. Everytime you power your phone up and it logs into LTE, it uses the account data on your SIM card which is registered to your phone. By powering your phone up without the SIM card, that relationship is reset. When you put the sim card back in and power up, it re-registers your phone with the system and the sim card.

wilboy

Reaction score
Then re-registering wasn't your problem. Maybe just power cycling fixed yours. Everytime you power your phone up and it logs into LTE, it uses the account data on your SIM card which is registered to your phone. By powering your phone up without the SIM card, that relationship is reset. When you put the sim card back in and power up, it re-registers your phone with the system and the sim card.
might be..or just coincidentally..lol...but for me it helps..now am a happy homie(cuz still on vacation for a week). lol

Reaction score
Hey there its 221 am...texas..as I type this I'm getn the ota...so that Bionic owners should be getting the up date within in the following hrs...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bioniclover

Reaction score
Im in class and my friend has all bars of 3g on his x2 and i have white bars with no connection on cdma only on my bionic .....why?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Im in class and my friend has all bars of 3g on his x2 and i have white bars with no connection on cdma only on my bionic .....why?

It's most likely the towers in your area aren't updated yet for 4G to switch properly. I'd give it some time.

rstfl2009

Reaction score

Sounds like your bionic needs to be reset, power it off and back on again.

bioniclover

Reaction score
I have powerd it off and on. Should i go to vzw and get new sim card?