Do we have a date for Bionic Fix Update to fix data issue?

wilboy

Reaction score
someone please help. I rarely have have data connection loss outside of school but in school it drops all the time. No internet connection etc. Why???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
if your place isn't in 4g service yet,go to settings>wireless & network>mobile network and enable CDMA only..this "might" help.

rstfl2009

Reaction score
Just got the 5.5.893 update this morning. Finally made its way towards the east, Jacksonville, FL. Everything is working fine for now, real tests will come later this weekend.

bobbyvip1

Reaction score
Finally got the update...so far so good no data drops so far. .fingers crossed. Lol

bionic. nuff said

wilboy

Reaction score
Im in cdma only and ut still drops

Okay,one more thing to do,pull the battery out and your SIM card for a minute,then put it back on,see what gonna happen,2 people reported has succeeded by doing this.

bioniclover

Reaction score
Okay... but it only drops when im in like the locker room and one other class. Do you think it could be dropping because if no service?

rstfl2009

Reaction score
Okay... but it only drops when im in like the locker room and one other class. Do you think it could be dropping because if no service?

Yes most likely!

wilboy

Reaction score

by doing so this will not damage your bionic.

bioniclover

Reaction score
Haha my friend has an i phone tho in the same class and ut never drops. But illtry the battery

wilboy

Reaction score
Haha my friend has an i phone tho in the same class and ut never drops. But illtry the battery

important is the SIM card,got mine w/ stronger signal at home using 4g but b4 i went to 4g and then dropped to 3g..

So how's the outcome?
They said: that pulling the SIM card will re-register your Sim to VW.

Last edited:

Overland1

Reaction score
My Bionic got its update this morning, and all is working OK so far. The VZW peepz said (in October) it would be out in November, but it's only a month late. If this fixes the problems, then it's all good.

bigtex52

Reaction score
Okay,one more thing to do,pull the battery out and your SIM card for a minute,then put it back on,see what gonna happen,2 people reported has succeeded by doing this.

Actually, the procedure is: Power the handset off. Remove the sim card, not the sd card. Power the handset up and wait for it to prompt you to inset the sim card. Power down again. Insert the sim card and power up. Let it fully boot up and you're done.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
for some reason when i go to settings/about/system updates it only shows me a black screen .. not even a "you are up to date message " rooted running Liberty . could this be why ? ....... Now once i unroot using 4ever root , i should be able to update it OTA & then Re-Root it correct ?

wilboy

Reaction score
Actually, the procedure is: Power the handset off. Remove the sim card, not the sd card. Power the handset up and wait for it to prompt you to inset the sim card. Power down again. Insert the sim card and power up. Let it fully boot up and you're done.
you can't pull out the SIM card w/o taking out the battery yo.It's understood that taking out the battery out,you need to turn off your device!:biggrin:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do i get the update .... will it just show up on my phone?

Settings> about phone> check for updates

It might download in the background. If it does, you'd see the prompt to install when you bring your Bionic up from sleep.

Will that mess up any settings? Will I have to set up again like a Factory Reset?