Do not buy the seidio surface!

chris420o

Reaction score
first of all what a HUGE disappointment this is for me...i was a firm supporter of seidio i mean the innocase for the og droid was fantastic...but the surface for the bionic is HORRIBLE...first of all i was excited to get this case bc i wanted a case that slides on...i bought a hard soft touch case in the mall but its a front snap on so if u drop it itll pop off...a slide on wont pop off at all....but when i got it my first beef is i got the burgundy bc it looked like a nice red n it looks like a dark purple...second the case is HORRIBLY designed...u cant lay the phone flat n use it it makes no sense...the case i got from the mall(crap kisosc case) is the same curvature as the back of the bionic so u can lay it flat n use it...this one has the hump in the middle of the phone so it teeters(sp?)...like u cant use the phone flat bc its rocks up n down at the bottom....like really? why couldnt u make it just like the orig design...im just really disseminated im callin them right now to return it...anyone find a good thin nice soft touch case that slides on in to pieces top to bottom yet or no?

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I saw the extended hump in pictures of the case. Though I haven't seen one in person, it appears that the extended hump is necessary because each half of the case must have a portion on the back that is parallel to the direction that it slides when putting it on, so the upper part of the bottom half must match the offset caused by the camera hump on the top half.

HarleyG33k

Reaction score
first of all what a HUGE disappointment this is for me...i was a firm supporter of seidio i mean the innocase for the og droid was fantastic...but the surface for the bionic is HORRIBLE...first of all i was excited to get this case bc i wanted a case that slides on...i bought a hard soft touch case in the mall but its a front snap on so if u drop it itll pop off...a slide on wont pop off at all....but when i got it my first beef is i got the burgundy bc it looked like a nice red n it looks like a dark purple...second the case is HORRIBLY designed...u cant lay the phone flat n use it it makes no sense...the case i got from the mall(crap kisosc case) is the same curvature as the back of the bionic so u can lay it flat n use it...this one has the hump in the middle of the phone so it teeters(sp?)...like u cant use the phone flat bc its rocks up n down at the bottom....like really? why couldnt u make it just like the orig design...im just really disseminated im callin them right now to return it...anyone find a good thin nice soft touch case that slides on in to pieces top to bottom yet or no?

I bought the same case (black), and just got it the other day. I know exactly what you mean about it not laying completely flat, but otherwise I am extremely happy with the case. The fit is perfect and I like how it assembles. The feel is awesome too, and provides more than adequate protection. I almost got the burgundy one myself. After reading what you said, I am so glad I didn't.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Purchased and returned also. Was a let down over Surface cases I've had for other phones.

Martain

Reaction score
Funny, But I would have expected there to be a swell at one end, as that's the way the phone is designed. I guess that fact that I rarely sit my phone on a flat surface, and type on it like a computer keyboard, is the reason it doesn't bother me. I love the fit and finish. I purchased mine as part of the Convert value pack. Love being able to slip on the extra protection when needed, and slip it off for everyday carry. Better than dealing with the thick Otterbox Defender all day long.

Color of course, is a more personal preference, so to say that the case is bad for that reason is questionable (IMO).