Seidio Innocase Active vs. Surface

sorduj_88

Reaction score
I'm deciding between the Seidio Innocase Active and II Surface. I really like the Surface because of it's size, but I've heard about squeaking, melting in heat, and the sides of the phone getting scratched because of installing/removing the case.

Those who have had the Surface for more than a couple months, have you had any issues? I'd rather hear from those who have had the case for a while say it's great instead of those who have had it for a day and say its great. I really want this case because of its small size, I just dont want it to have any of the above issues.

The Active seems really good too. I just dont want something too bulky and I dont know that I need that much protection, but has anyone had any issues with it after a while?

Thanks

andrew_ja

Reaction score
I own and use the Active case and I love it. I don't think it adds too much bulk, in fact I am fond of it. I makes the phone feel sturdier. Everyone also compliments the case that owns an Android phone wishing there was one for theirs.

I haven't seen the Surface in real life so I can't compare the two.

Andrew C

Reaction score
I have the Innocase Surface II on my Droid now. I am very satisfied with it and haven't experienced any issues. It never scratched my Droid, never melted, no squeaks, and it offers great protection. I would say that it adds some amount of bulk, but that's a matter of preference.

Edit: I've had the case since last October and it has been removed multiple times with no ill effects.

Last edited:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I have both and got to say they are both great cases. And I've had both over a month. Got each on the days they were released.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

OP
S

sorduj_88

Reaction score
MiXoLoGiSt, any preference to either? if so, any specific reason?

Logan176

Reaction score
I went with the Active because I liked how the hard, snap-on cover went over the thin silicone piece. It's a very sturdy feeling cover. It slides into your pocket well, but it does collect a little bit of fuzzies where the silicone is exposed... not too much though. I also went with this one because the Innocase Surface II had that large seam across the back. However, that case is slimmer and probably doesn't attract the fuzzies.

All in all it seems like they are both good cases and I think it really comes down to your own preference on how each case looks. I did a lot of research before buying from Seidio and it seems like they are a good company.

OP
S

sorduj_88

Reaction score
Thanks for your answers. I just ordered the Surface. The large seam might bother me, but I dont think I need the added protection of the Active, and I really want to keep it as small as possible. Just hope I dont have problems like I read on some reviews.. like squeaking and scratching the sides.

Prakis

Reaction score
Just got my Active with holster this past Saturday. Very nice fit and I like it a whole lot. Exactly as I imagined it. Not much bulk added at all. Feels real nice and very happy with it.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Just ordered my surface, friend has one for the EVO and it looks sweet.

Logan176

Reaction score
I've had the Innocase Active for 2 weeks now and I really like it. It doesn't really add any bulk and it feels good in the hand. It also slides easily into your pocket. The only thing I'm not fond of are the fuzzies. Wherever the silicone part of the case shows through fuzzies have a tendency to stick to it. Other than that, I'm glad I bought it.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I've had the Innocase Active for 2 weeks now and I really like it. It doesn't really add any bulk and it feels good in the hand. It also slides easily into your pocket. The only thing I'm not fond of are the fuzzies. Wherever the silicone part of the case shows through fuzzies have a tendency to stick to it. Other than that, I'm glad I bought it.

LOL @ "fuzzies". :rofl3:

OP
S

sorduj_88

Reaction score
I just got my Surface today and it fits and looks awesome. adds essentially nothing to the height or width. The addition in depth is the only thing barely noticeable only because one part goes out as far as the camera lens. The seam in the back doesn't really bother me. At least the case wont break off if I drop it. That said, it feels very sturdy, but I dont know that I feel confident dropping it from waist high or anything like that especially since the felt lining is only along the back - I was under the impression is was along the sides as well. I just mainly want it to protect from keys and scratches and such. Altogether, seems really good so far

vireya

Reaction score
I sent mine back due to the inner lining turning up to reveal the glue which then smeared the camera lens

Now they are sposed to send me a replacement, BUT, in the meantime Ive bot the 2150 battery which wont fit into the case

Am in midst of 'discussing' getting a refund instead of a new case... OR getting the 1st rollout of the 2150 case

OP
S

sorduj_88

Reaction score
oh, yeah thats the most common complaint I've heard. did you take it off and back on frequently?