Do I need developer's edition to wifi tether?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but you are far sager when it comes to finagling the verizon reps. Lol.

bcvammen

Reaction score
Guys......My first post on this topic.

I had a HTC Droid Incredible for several years. During that time, I purchased EasyTether from the Play store for $9.99. It worked great with my Incredible. So the other day, I loaded it onto my Maxx HD and I'm happy to let you know that it works with no issues at all. So, add that one to the list of aftermarket tethering programs that work with the Razr maxx hd.

But, that is a tether app that only works with one device at a time. Why can't the "Mobile Hotspot" app that came on the phone connect a device to the internet wirelessly? I'm actually able to see my PC connecting with my phone, but can't get to the internet. I'm using Netgear Wireless USB Adapter's with my companies network, and they work fine, and they will connect to the phone. But no internet. I can't figure it out.

If you open the mobile hotspot app, there is a "Manage Devices" area in there. Select that and go into "Manage allowed devices". Has anyone done this and entered MAC address of a pc and got it to recognize and connect to the internet? I'm in over my head with this and would appreciate any help. Would love to figure out how to connect to this phone's "Hot Spot" wirelessly rather then tethered. Thanks.

meishkov

Reaction score
Guys......My first post on this topic.

I had a HTC Droid Incredible for several years. During that time, I purchased EasyTether from the Play store for $9.99. It worked great with my Incredible. So the other day, I loaded it onto my Maxx HD and I'm happy to let you know that it works with no issues at all. So, add that one to the list of aftermarket tethering programs that work with the Razr maxx hd.

But, that is a tether app that only works with one device at a time. Why can't the "Mobile Hotspot" app that came on the phone connect a device to the internet wirelessly? I'm actually able to see my PC connecting with my phone, but can't get to the internet. I'm using Netgear Wireless USB Adapter's with my companies network, and they work fine, and they will connect to the phone. But no internet. I can't figure it out.

If you open the mobile hotspot app, there is a "Manage Devices" area in there. Select that and go into "Manage allowed devices". Has anyone done this and entered MAC address of a pc and got it to recognize and connect to the internet? I'm in over my head with this and would appreciate any help. Would love to figure out how to connect to this phone's "Hot Spot" wirelessly rather then tethered. Thanks.

Try FoxFi in the app store, as others have suggested. Used it on my non-rooted completely stock S3 a week ago to connect my brand new Nexus 10 to. And I can happily say that it all worked the way I wanted it to.

Shawn0bi

Reaction score
Verizon will unlock any Verizon phone that is locked for free as long as it has been activated for at least 2 months.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2