Dlna??

n74740

Reaction score
Ok, so brand new to Droid X (from blackberry) and learning the ropes. I was checking out the Apps that come on the phone and opened up DLNA. I didn't really know what it was, but I played around with it a little and apparently I accessed someone else's files on their phone! It wasn't intentional and I didn't try to load anything, but the guy's full name showed up and I could have gone thru all of his files! Kinda freaked me out so I found the security settings on mine to make sure someone else couldn't do that to me. What I'm curious about is when that happened could he see that I was accessing his phone and see MY name?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Were you at home or in public. You sure it was someone's phone and not like your neighbours computer or something ?

tappin and a talkin

OP
N

n74740

Reaction score
In a hotel. I don't really know what device it was accessing. I didn't hang around long enough to explore it too much because I didn't know if they could "see" me as well.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think they can see you. It's meant for trading files back and forth to devices on a shared network. Probably just a guys laptop at the hotel. Don't stress it. It was an accident anyway.

tappin and a talkin

OP
N

n74740

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't TOO worried. I just wondered if my name showed on his device. Don't want someone tracking me down cause they think I was hacking them.