1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dlna??

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by n74740, Jan 17, 2011.

1. n74740

n74740 New Member

Ok, so brand new to Droid X (from blackberry) and learning the ropes. I was checking out the Apps that come on the phone and opened up DLNA. I didn't really know what it was, but I played around with it a little and apparently I accessed someone else's files on their phone! It wasn't intentional and I didn't try to load anything, but the guy's full name showed up and I could have gone thru all of his files! Kinda freaked me out so I found the security settings on mine to make sure someone else couldn't do that to me. What I'm curious about is when that happened could he see that I was accessing his phone and see MY name?
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Were you at home or in public. You sure it was someone's phone and not like your neighbours computer or something ?

tappin and a talkin
  3. n74740

n74740 New Member

In a hotel. I don't really know what device it was accessing. I didn't hang around long enough to explore it too much because I didn't know if they could "see" me as well.
  4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

I don't think they can see you. It's meant for trading files back and forth to devices on a shared network. Probably just a guys laptop at the hotel. Don't stress it. It was an accident anyway.

tappin and a talkin
  5. n74740

n74740 New Member

Yeah, I wasn't TOO worried. I just wondered if my name showed on his device. Don't want someone tracking me down cause they think I was hacking them.