DLNA Questions

monkey_man

Reaction score
Hi guys :),

I have a DLNA related problem from my Bionic :icon_eek:. DLNA is configured correctly with my home Wi-Fi. I have pictures on my phone that I transferred to my NAS. The phone indicates that the files have been transferred successfully, for I can check via DLNA on my TV that the files are indeed on my NAS and I can view them on a larger screen. The problem I found is on the NAS itself.... I couldn't find the pictures :blink:. Now, I can't delete the blurry pictures from my NAS as all DLNA devices have no option to delete the files... I need help on how to figure this thing out :hail:. Thanks!

wseyller

Reaction score
On my NAS I have created a share to use specifically for this. Then the DLNA service settings in my NAS I have set to use that share. Then I will map that share to a drive on my pc which allows me to delete the files or whatever. You may need to find a forum that deals with your NAS model to figure out your issue.

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
I use a Buffallo Linkstation but I haven't set it up with a drive letter to my PC... I wonder if this could really work... The thing is... the DLNA for the phone do not specify a folder to copy files from phone to NAS... It just copied files without giving option to select a destination folder.

wseyller

Reaction score
I use a Buffallo Linkstation but I haven't set it up with a drive letter to my PC... I wonder if this could really work... The thing is... the DLNA for the phone do not specify a folder to copy files from phone to NAS... It just copied files without giving option to select a destination folder.

It isnt meant to give you the options to select different folders. Your selecting your nas from your phone. The options of the nas is what determines what share your files are stored. At least that is how it works for me. Maybe it would give you folder options if you have folders inside your share. And yes you can map all your nas shares to different drive letters.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
M

monkey_man

Reaction score
Well I've mapped the network drive successfully but no luck to find the pictures that was sent via Bionic :frown:. I can see the pictures via TV, phones, etc, but those DLNA Clients have no capabilities to delete pictures or any files in that matter. When I used File Manager app that came with Bionic, I see the same exact thing that I viewed via PC. What I wonder is... where in the heck did those pictures are stored :blink: