Display Test: Nexus One vs. Droid vs. iPhone 3GS vs. CLIQ

natty_lite

Reaction score
According to the comments the reviewer doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
All very well for color accuracy. However, as the reviewer notes, the iPhone's brightness makes it easier to read outside in sunlight. (And yes, we do have sunlight in Seattle.) Furthermore, the Droid does not fare so well in terms of the precision of the touch screen where the iPhone comes out on top. (Review cited as a hyperlink in the article.)

I'm quite satisfied with the performance of my Droid but have to admit that neither the virtual keyboard nor the brightness of the screen in the sun measure up to the iPhone. (Swype eliminates one of those weaknesses.)

cuzzinz

Reaction score
All very well for color accuracy. According to the comments the reviewer doesn't know his asshole from his elbow.

The reviewer was technically the 2nd party in this actual test... as he is not certified to really use the calibration tools.

I am no color technician either but i do understand what this article concludes and it is 100% accurate.

The screen on the nexus one... is still relatively new technology... and though it does have great colors it is not as accurate colors wise. Plus it is almost half the brightness of the Droid.

The iPhone is far from accurate for colors almost 40% off... and if u have ever taken 1 art class you will realize how off it is when you look at certain sites for companies that you have seen print advertisements for. e.g. best buy...

The iPhone is indeed bright but it is def. not the best overall display.

The droid is the clear winner because it is 2% off of having perfect color calibration with the sRGB color standards...aka almost perfect color representation. it produces very little disruption in the reproduction of black...(the iPhone is 10 times worse)...and the brightness of the display on the iPhone is only 12% better when it comes to brightness which is pretty marginal considering the cliq and the nexus one are about 41% worse than the droid.

thats what this article shows...and if you have ever used the droid in the sun you will know it works pretty well...its not like the iPhone is invincible to the sun and glare either.

darreno1

Reaction score
Not surprised. The iPhone is no match for the Droid screenwise. I just hope Moto continues with the current recipe and not shortchange us on future models.

Kdubbjr

Reaction score
Thats one for the Droid. The way I see it the Nexus is just a Iphone/Droid fusion wannabe. Similar to the Fat version of Gotenks in Dragon Ball Z. Epic Fail. and the CLIQ?? LMAO No Comment

natty_lite

Reaction score
All very well for color accuracy. According to the comments the reviewer doesn't know his asshole from his elbow.

The reviewer was technically the 2nd party in this actual test... as he is not certified to really use the calibration tools.

I am no color technician either but i do understand what this article concludes and it is 100% accurate.

The screen on the nexus one... is still relatively new technology... and though it does have great colors it is not as accurate colors wise. Plus it is almost half the brightness of the Droid.

The iPhone is far from accurate for colors almost 40% off... and if u have ever taken 1 art class you will realize how off it is when you look at certain sites for companies that you have seen print advertisements for. e.g. best buy...

The iPhone is indeed bright but it is def. not the best overall display.

The droid is the clear winner because it is 2% off of having perfect color calibration with the sRGB color standards...aka almost perfect color representation. it produces very little disruption in the reproduction of black...(the iPhone is 10 times worse)...and the brightness of the display on the iPhone is only 12% better when it comes to brightness which is pretty marginal considering the cliq and the nexus one are about 41% worse than the droid.

thats what this article shows...and if you have ever used the droid in the sun you will know it works pretty well...its not like the iPhone is invincible to the sun and glare either.
I understand what you're saying perfectly. According to the comments, they reviewer is interpreting the results backwards, and saying that the higher output of the Nexus actually makes it superior rather than vice versa.

I have no idea either way.

Sleeve

Reaction score
If the Droid didn't rank first, we'd have the same posts there that the N1 owners have. It's all about not being perceived to have bought the wrong thing and the defense we'll mount to protect our decisions. People are bothered by stupid things.

natty_lite

Reaction score
If the Droid didn't rank first, we'd have the same posts there that the N1 owners have. It's all about not being perceived to have bought the wrong thing and the defense we'll mount to protect our decisions. People are bothered by stupid things.
I was hoping to eliminate perception and get a definitive answer. Seems no one has stepped up, or even cares to rather...

cuzzinz

Reaction score
I was hoping to eliminate perception and get a definitive answer. Seems no one has stepped up, or even cares to rather...

The calibration that they did was determining how accurate the displays were to the true color of the image.

So the best number to have would be 100% too much and colors could be over saturated and blow out and under the colors would be under saturated and would not as accurate to the real world colors. A higher number does not mean that the display is better... and in the article the reviewer means to say that the droid is more color accurate.