stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Fully updated theme zip in OP.
Also added theme for the Droid2Global (make sure you install the romer first) - Has D2G specific swype in it and D2G Stock Keyboard.

Added BlueChrome Swype
Added Facebook 1.5.2
Added Twitter 2.0.1
REMOVED Vending 2.3.3 (Market)

Grab the Market from Post 4. This is so that if you have an issue with installing the Market, you can just restore back to just the theme without the themed Market.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
EpicBlue Market 2.3.6..... (with some goodies that show what's forthcoming in my new theme...)
Download Market_EB_2.3.6.zip - Update.zip, install via recovery, make sure to mount /system prior to install.

***Install Tips***

Make sure that you did not get the 2.3.6 update already... if you try to install this over the already installed 2.3.6 even if you uninstalled that version first, you most likely will lose your market... (if you run into issues, go here: Market Problems)

Should install fine over 2.3.4 if that version is currently installed in your system partition...

If you already got the update, I suggest that you nandroid back to a backup prior to that market update, and immediately install my EpicBlue Market 2.3.6 after restoring your nandroid backup...

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the update.zip method of installation of the Market. Ive never done an update.zip installation. i didn't realize it doesn't let you select the file and I'm afraid I have an update.zip left over from stock blur that I downloaded but never applied. I moved the market file to my sd card and made a backup but how can I be sure that the Market .zip is the file that will be applied. Thanks for your help.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
-Have the zip on your sdcard named market_eb_2.3.6.zip or whatever you want
-Use either Liberty Toolbox or Droid Bootstrapper to reboot recovery
-once there go to mounts and storage (use arrows on keypad or volume buttons to navigate, OK button or camera button to select)
-mount /system, then tap the power button to go back
-select install zip from sdcard
-pick zip from sdcard (or whatever it is, not "apply update.zip"
-navigate to your file, select it
-yes
-when install completes, tap the power button to get to the main menu, then reboot.

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
Ah, thank you sir, just like flashing anything else of course.

Works splendidly! Loving this theme. Except maybe launcher pro. What are your thoughts on ADW? I know there are probably some bluish themes out for ADW but they aren't EPIC.

Edit: willing to donate :)

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Haven't touched ADW as far as theming goes, not a fan of it, i've tried it, went back to LP, gotta have my dock widgets for SMS & GMail.

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
I was running adw with the apex rom and really liked it.. The dock bar was fully customizable, just drag and drop apps into it i.e sms and gmail. (not trying to convince you to theme it) but what I really miss is renaming apps on the home screen so the titles wont run off. Any who, my first day on liberty and epic blue. Thanks for all your hard work.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Looking into theming ADW... it's a whole new beast for me since it's making an installable apk for it. And with LP, when you create a shortcut, you can rename the object.

-long press on homescreen
-shortcut
-application
-select your application
-When the popup appears, you can change the name, or tap on the icon to change it

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
Oh excellent, definitely have to learn all the ins and outs of LP. Now i gotta go through and shortcut all my apps, lol.

s22lane

Reaction score
I must be such a moron...I have tried everything in the world to get this theme on my phone and I cant. I have dl thru liberty toolbox, dl straight from here to my phone, wiped, not wiped....i have done this process a million times and have run out of ideas...can anyone help?:icon_eek: please help me...wicked tired of the yellow liberty

Wnsirlord

Reaction score
Hello, I just flashed my first ever ROM last night, Liberty 2.0.1 :)
And I stumbled upon your theme and I have to admit it looks very good, but I was wondering if it is supported by Liberty 2.0.1; because it says your rom is for Liberty 1.5. If it does, are there any instructions other than the simple flashing the theme with bootstrapper?

Thanks!

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I must be such a moron...I have tried everything in the world to get this theme on my phone and I cant. I have dl thru liberty toolbox, dl straight from here to my phone, wiped, not wiped....i have done this process a million times and have run out of ideas...can anyone help?:icon_eek: please help me...wicked tired of the yellow liberty
Download the theme from the OP of this thread, then follow the instructions at the top of the thread. NO WIPE NECESSARY as this is not a full ROM, you need to have Liberty installed first! PLEASE follow the instructions, they're failsafe!
And I stumbled upon your theme and I have to admit it looks very good, but I was wondering if it is supported by Liberty 2.0.1; because it says your rom is for Liberty 1.5. If it does, are there any instructions other than the simple flashing the theme with bootstrapper?

Thanks!
Just flash it following the instructions in the OP of this thread. Only problem you will have is if you try to access Liberty Settings from the Main Settings menu, it may FC. To access Liberty Settings, get to them by opening Liberty Toolbox, hit menu then Settings.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my theme update that will be fully backwards compatible with 2.0.1 and 1.5. And more Epic.

FillTheVoid

Reaction score

Thanks!

I flashed 2.0.1 last night and this theme from the OP this morning and have had no problems with liberty settings FC. My only issue is learning my way around a new launcher and HUGE toolbox. :)