Disaster...Help Please

Xerrus

Reaction score
So i've been running Liberty Gingerbread v0.5 for a few days so, but i seemed to have a few glitches that others didnt seem to share, so i decided to try a full reinstall. I thought "heck, why not do a system restore back to my old Liberty 1.5 froyo backup and go from there?" Yes, i realize i should've SBF'd but i didn't.

Now things are bad. The Liberty Gingerbread boot logo is still showing but thats as far as it gets. It doesn't go past the boot logo. On occasion the boot logo will disappear and a black, back-lit void is left in it's place.

I tried a hard reset and it does nothing. just boots up and promptly shuts itself back off. Don't care what android version i make it back to, just need to make it back to something functional...clockwork...anything...

Thanks in andvance

Last edited:

DThomp

Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but time to do that SBF now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

runLoganrun

Reaction score
So i've been running Liberty Gingerbread v0.5 for a few days so, but i seemed to have a few glitches that others didnt seem to share, so i decided to try a full reinstall. I thought "heck, why not do a system restore back to my old Liberty 1.5 froyo backup and go from there?" Yes, i realize i should've SBF'd but i didn't.

Now things are bad. The Liberty Gingerbread boot logo is still showing but thats as far as it gets. It doesn't go past the boot logo. On occasion the boot logo will disappear and a black, back-lit void is left in it's place.

I tried a hard reset and it does nothing. just boots up and promptly shuts itself back off. Don't care what android version i make it back to, just need to make it back to something functional...clockwork...anything...

Thanks in andvance

Hi, (please read through prior to starting)
I recommend, well, what I see your only avenue, need to sbf to froyo. Do factory reset when complete. Activate phone (if you don't have to reactivate phone, most likely did not do "factory" reset, don't think clockwork just yet. (Hold down home key, then hold down power button, when M logo appears can let go power only, keep holding home, get triangle w/ droid, push search, up come your options for STOCK RECOVERY. Btw, I wipe 3 times, at least, for each restore, in factory, and clockwork.

At this point you'll need to have already placed copies of Droid 2 Bootstrap, and Z4root(or other, but I like this one) on sd card, best not to deal with market just yet.
Root phone, reboot, install Droid 2 bootstrap, or could do earlier together, doesn't matter, just let do full reboot after root, it should anyway, but complete that once, before you go to clockwork, I know both work, but the Droid 2 bootstrap must have usb debugging enabled, and both need alternate source box checked of course.

Now ready for Clockworkmod, **having pre-placed FULL Liberty GBv0.1 file (there are 2 v0.1 under nightlies, choose "full install"), which will take you from Froyo to gingerbread, if phone can't boot can remove micro sdcard, and place files on easily enough with pc, just need card, or usb reader. **Other files you should have in there are LGBv0.5, and .591 kernel, or there is also combo file, I happened to use the separate files, so that's all I can really speak to.

Ok, so bootsrap DX, and reboot to clockwork, "install.zip" for LGBv0.1, hang out for a while, do reboot, then boot to Clockwork Recovery, do factory reset from Clockworkmod, I do all: data, system, cache, dalvik cache.

From here, still in recovery, directly install LGBv0.5, REBOOT again after phone powers up, then back to recovery for .591 Kernel.

Now you're on latest LGB, afaik,
For backups been using MyBackupRoot, was having TiBU difficulties for a while, not sure if fixed now. And I use Handcent svcs for SMS/MMS, best way I've found to accomplish this so far, allows you to merge with files already present.

If you want RSD Lite help, fine to pm me, should be no problem to run this, despite all the reports of headaches w/ RSD Lite, it's really pretty simple, just take step by step.

Good place to BACKUP PHONE now, so at least you don't have to go back past that point if app restore prob, or whatever.

Good Luck,
rlr