Help Please!

Xerrus

Reaction score
So i've been running Liberty Gingerbread v0.5 for a few days so, but i seemed to have a few glitches that others didnt seem to share, so i decided to try a full reinstall. I thought "heck, why not do a system restore back to my old Liberty 1.5 froyo backup and go from there?" Yes, i realize i should've SBF'd but i didn't.

Now things are bad. The Liberty Gingerbread boot logo is still showing but thats as far as it gets. It doesn't go past the boot logo. On occasion the boot logo will disappear and a black, back-lit void is left in it's place.

I tried a hard reset and it does nothing. just boots up and promptly shuts itself back off. Don't care what android version i make it back to, just need to make it back to something functional...clockwork...anything...

OP
Xerrus

Xerrus

Reaction score
i haven't done it before, no. is there a way to do it even though i cannot access CW?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes. there is no need to access cw for an sbf. you need to get in to the bootloader (by pressing and holding the power button camera button and volume down buttton simultaneously from a power off state) and to have rsd lite 4.9 installed on your computer. you can also do it with a new sbf flashing utility made by 1kds that is basically a slimmed down version of linux that will flash the sbf for you. read through the fifth link in my signature.

OP
Xerrus

Xerrus

Reaction score
awesome, this is the article i was just reading actually. i'll update in a bit after i've made some progress (hopefully...)

thanks!

OP
Xerrus

Xerrus

Reaction score
Success, stayed up, literally, all.night in doing so though. RSD Lite did not play well with my 64 bit Windows 7. Eventually got it working though. Thanks for the link to get me rolling on my way to SBFing!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums