Disabling Notification Bar

OP
N

nibblit

Reaction score
If you use a launcher replacement like launcherpro you can disable it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Not only was I able to get rid of that hideous (aesthetically unpleasant) notification bar, I was also able to hide the dock. You are a GOD!

Tell me what you want in an app; and, I shall create it for you. Yes, I'm THAT grateful!!!!

-Victoria
Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

Reaction score
haha, glad it worked. I think you'll also find that LP runs smoother than the stock launcher, with more customization (there's TONS of themes available). Protip: From any home screen, tap the menu button, then hit preferences -> general settings -> hidden apps. I didn't find that one for awhile, but I love it. I have 95% of my apps spread out through my 5 home screens, so I don't want to have to dig through them when I'm looking for one of the few left in my appdrawer.

I haven't thought of an app that I need that I can't find.. YET... If I do, I'll let you know.

Reaction score
Are you a programmer niblet? Why not make an app that can record phone calls from both ends? There are apps that attempt to do this but they don't work on the Droid x/2.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
N

nibblit

Reaction score

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's illegal in Illinois (and I think two other states) without both parties consenting. Just try to record a cop without telling him while they're trying to arrest you and watch how hot the water you get into becomes. :)

And yes, she is quite cute. VA VA VA VOOM! ;)

OP
N

nibblit

Reaction score
You mean like this?

[video=youtube;WdxYfYegQSQ]http://youtu.be/WdxYfYegQSQ[/video]

Let's keep this between ourselves: I went to law school, although I did not take the bar exam. So, I'm not completely in the dark regarding legal issues--not just a pretty face.

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

tb110895

Reaction score
haha, glad it worked. I think you'll also find that LP runs smoother than the stock launcher, with more customization (there's TONS of themes available). Protip: From any home screen, tap the menu button, then hit preferences -> general settings -> hidden apps. I didn't find that one for awhile, but I love it. I have 95% of my apps spread out through my 5 home screens, so I don't want to have to dig through them when I'm looking for one of the few left in my appdrawer.

I haven't thought of an app that I need that I can't find.. YET... If I do, I'll let you know.
I thought of one today actually so maybe you can help me with that. I'm looking for an app to use as a remote for watching movies on an xbox 360. I have not found one yet

tb110895

Reaction score
Btw, if you use widgetlocker as an alternate lockscreen, you can disable it there as well.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Wow. I've never noticed this in the menu. I hid it and mapped my homescreen button to show it when I'm on the homescreen so that I can display it if needed.