disabling car mode for droid

cruisertrek

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to disable the car mode when I put my phone in the dashboard holder on 1st generation droid?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

As far as I know, deleting the car dock app is the only way to take care of it. Look in settings tho, in the d2 there is a menu called dock

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
there's an app in the market called settings profile lite (free version) you can set up a profile that will tell the phone what to do when it is placed in the car dock.

I actually have my multimedia dock in my car instead of the car dock because I hate to keep plugin & unplugging the phone. so I have a profile that tells the phone to go into the car dock mode when its placed in the multimedia dock and to also turn on Bluetooth.

the free version only allows one profile setting but the paid version allows multiple profiles.

Sent from my D1 until i get my hands on the Bionic!

bfayer

Reaction score
Just pop the magnet out of the dock. No need to mess with software.

If you want to go into car mode, put a short cut on your home screen.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score

is it possible to pop the magnetic out without signs of damage?

bfayer

Reaction score

is it possible to pop the magnetic out without signs of damage?

Yes. Pretty easy, assuming it is the original droid car dock not the droid 2 dock. For the droid 2 dock I have no idea.

First pop the cover off the inside of the dock, there are 2 clips on one side and 2 hooks on the other. Just push on the clips with a pen or whatever and the cover pops off. You will see the magnet small, round, silver. It is just pushed in a hole.

I took a small drill (1/16th) and drilled a small hole behind the magnet in the recess on the back of the car dock. Then took a nail and pushed out the magnet. But if you want to, and are not planning on putting it back someday, you can just grab it with a pair of pliers and twist it off.

Put the cover back on and the only way you can tell the magnet is not there is the phone will not go into car mode. You have to really look hard to see the small hole the drill made and you only know it doesn't belong there if your the one that put it there.

Put a shortcut to car mode on the home screen and you are done.

harrellj

Reaction score
Try the app dock blocker.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?